SELinux and license file (Enterprise Edition)

Nicholai de Guzman

Aug 2, 2016, 6:07:10 PM8/2/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hello, I am following the guide for RPM installs.
I have made it all the way to the last step of the installation, but I don't see any Passenger processes when running  sudo /usr/sbin/passenger-memory-stats.
The error was that Passenger can't read the license file.

Turning off SE Linux seems to solve the issue, but I thought that the RPM way is suppose to handle this?

Thank you,
Nicholai

Daniel Knoppel

Aug 17, 2016, 4:21:50 AM8/17/16
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Handled via Enterprise support; the outcome was that there isn't any way for the RPM to provide a good general solution to the problem. So the Passenger Library instructions for the RHEL family of Linux distributions has been updated to point out the necessity of resetting the context of the license file once it is in place.

- Daniel