Important - Package repository update

schmunk

Dec 10, 2012, 5:51:23 PM12/10/12
to phundam...@googlegroups.com
As of 9th of December 2012 we launched our new Phundament 3 package repository.

Because many projects haven't adopted composer yet, we decided to create an intermediate package description platform called yiingles.

Yiingles can be standard repositories with a composer.json file, but also an URL to a github or Bitbucket project. We parse the available information from the API for these packages and create versions, descriptions, etc... automatically.

Due to these changes you may experience some glitches when you update your existing projects, but no worries, take at look at the UPGRADE document for more information on how to adjust your application configuration.

The major improvements are that we're able to provide a wider range of available packages and with new releases, if the repo just has a tag readable by composer, which most repos have.

Additionally everyone can now add packages to the Phundament package repository (http://packages.phundament.com). Besides the repo types mentioned above, you can also add ZIP files, eg. from Yii Framework extensions.

We'll try to review and approve them ASAP.

And also have a look at the available packages, we've already included the most popular ones.