User password hashing

OllyHicks

Jul 15, 2011, 1:38:14 PM7/15/11
to phundament-dev
Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else (or i've missed something
stupid), but i'm not sure the best way to override the hashing
function for user passwords. Obviously I could replace the hash
function in the P2Helper, but i'm wondering if there is a better way
to do this or if it's a configuration option somewhere (would be
nice).

FYI: I'd like to replace the md5 hash with sha1 + salt

schmunk

Jul 24, 2011, 5:06:44 PM7/24/11
to phundam...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, there's no config options available, but I'l keep this mind.
I think to best option is to change the method in P2Helper.

Thanks for your feedback.