FTP ERROR: ftp_web_root directory not found and thumbnail creation

bryanlaw33

Aug 16, 2007, 1:54:06 PM8/16/07
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
I've installed the script but am having a problem with the directory
not found error. I am running IIS6 on Win2003.

The path to my site is c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\
I have created a directory in the root called \photos which I hope to
create individual directories of photos. Right now the
phpslideshow.php script and the template file is in the photos
directory. I have the following:

$create_thumbnails = "true";

// ftp user information for automatic thumbnails
$ftp_username = "myftpuser";
$ftp_password = "myftppassword";

// ftp web root directory (httpdocs, wwwroot, webroot etc.)
// this is the directory that your website is located in on your FTP
login.
// (no slashes needed)
$ftp_web_root = "/";

For the ftp_web_root I have tried "/", "wwwroot", "Inetpub" and as a
last resort "Photos" to no avail.

Any ideas why? Do I need to set certain rights on the Photos
directory?

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your time.

- bryanlaw33

Zealot004

Aug 17, 2007, 8:00:53 PM8/17/07
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Have you tried leaving it blank? I think it should be either wwwroot
(which you tried) or if your index.html file is in another directory
inside wwwroot, then the name of that other directory.

If that doesn't help, what is the full path to your index.html from
the computer? If you can ftp into it remotely, is there a specific
folder you ftp into, or a folder you have to open first to get to the
index.html?