Finding a host for our test Solr environment

Eric Caron

Jan 29, 2013, 3:38:29 PM1/29/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know any possible providers that'd donate their services to us? I'm thinking about contacting http://websolr.com/ to see if we could get a small instance to run our test cases against.

Any other providers we should contact instead? Anyone will to take lead on this effort?

Nick Wallace (Solr PHP developer)

Jan 29, 2013, 3:40:19 PM1/29/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
I can get us setup on a server. I will ping you details

Eric Caron

Jan 29, 2013, 3:48:14 PM1/29/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
I think I'd rather have a dedicated Solr provider so we can get more knowledge experts involved. The same goes with most hosting-related aspects of this project - although most of us are capable of hosting services ourselves (such as an alternative to JIRA), we should try to leverage the open source offerings provided by companies to 1) free up personal cycles to maintaining the community/code and 2) keep individuals replacable (i.e. nobody can just quit the project and trash a bunch of work/knowledge on their way out.)

Nick Wallace (Solr PHP developer)

Jan 29, 2013, 3:50:17 PM1/29/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. Let me know of some companies and I will look as well.

Nick Wallace (Solr PHP developer)

Feb 5, 2013, 6:04:08 PM2/5/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
I might have something for us, but need some specs and requirements for the server space