[CC Nomination Request] Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Nov 28, 2016, 5:12:55 PM11/28/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
To all FIG project representatives:

Today I'm writing to the mailing list requesting a nomination to the FIG 3.0 Core Committee.

I am the project representative for ReactPHP and have been involved with different PHP sub-communities and the community as a whole for nearly 15 years, starting out with phpBB. Over the past few years I've become more active in the PHP community after being introduced to AmsterdamPHP [0] by a friend, and getting to know more and more community members. In that time I've started toying around with ReactPHP and ended up on the team maintaining three packages.

The things I've learned over the past 4 years working with asynchronous code in PHP, I'm applying that in my latest (big) project: PHP API Clients [1]. That project will yield a set of both asynchronous and synchronous API client, plus the tools to build them. But that isn't the only place I'de like to help PHP use asynchronous code more, and teach others of its possibilities. I believe that the FIG can use these insights into asynchronous PHP to help interop current and new projects, current asynchronous ways of working and new ways.

I am asking for this nomination through the mailing list as I haven't been approached to be nominated, and I rather ask to be nominated in the open than request it through back channels. I would be more than happy to office my experience and service to the FIG, even though there haven't been much asynchronous related PSR's in the FIG to discuss, unlike the PHP Asynchronous Interoperability Group [2]. Aside from my low message count on the mailing list due to the low asynchronous related PSR's I still believe my expertise in that area can be of use to the FIG.

Thanks,

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Michiel Rook

Nov 30, 2016, 10:06:49 AM11/30/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I hereby nominate Cees-Jan Kiewiet for the Core Committee!

Michiel

Michiel Rook

Nov 30, 2016, 11:18:09 AM11/30/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cees-Jan,

Consider yourself nominated :)

Michiel

Avast logo

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Nov 30, 2016, 11:32:46 AM11/30/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Michiel, I accept the nomination.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Michiel Rook <michie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hereby nominate Cees-Jan Kiewiet for the Core Committee!

Michiel

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Nov 30, 2016, 11:34:05 AM11/30/16
to php...@googlegroups.com