PHPixie Membership

Dracony

Aug 21, 2015, 6:13:47 PM8/21/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
It has been about half a year since I proposed PHPixie to the FIG. The discussion there gave me a few pointers, and now with the version 3 release I feel that all of those have been adressed.
  • PHPixie userbase has grown significantly, especially in the Eastern Europe, it scored high(#6)  on Sitepoint's framework survey, and since the new release has been getting ~500 daily installs, althout it has not even been tagged stable yet. My own twitter account has since gained about 1100 new followers (although PHPixie has a separate twitter account I mostly tweet from my own about it). We also have an active Gitter chat.
  • The project itself has grown a lot in size and is not a microframework anymore by any extent ( over 800 classes in the full installation).
  • The previous site design raised a lot of concerns, the logo itself and the cartoony look made it look far to comical and even offensive to some. Unfortunately at the time I had too much work on my hands with actual development of version3, that I had little time to address those. I'm happy to say that that all has also been fixed, the site, including the logo got a total redesign and are much better suited to what a serious project should be like.
  • I myself am an active member of the mailing list, and you can find my replies in pretty much every major thread, and am using all applicable PSRs in PHPixie ( actually I had a PSR-7 implementation with phpixie/http even before the voting passed on it) and finally actually getting a vote would be great
I hope this time with all the issues addressed the process will take a happy turn. All I need now is 2 sponsors willing to back the proposals, and with all the new members FIG got in the last half a year I'm sure there will be 2 willing to welcome PHPixie.

Thanks =)

Korvin Szanto

Aug 21, 2015, 6:21:30 PM8/21/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
For membership you only need one sponsor, I'm definitely happy to give you a +1 vote this year.

Roman Tsjupa

Aug 21, 2015, 6:36:12 PM8/21/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Ah, so true, I confused it with the required number for the PSR process.

Thanks for the +1 btw =)

Alexander Makarov

Aug 23, 2015, 1:18:09 PM8/23/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'm checking PHPixie from time to time and can confirm that framework got much better in terms of design and now I do believe that it could bring valuable opinion into php-fig.

Dracony himself is now significantly better about explaining things and communicating overall. I'd vote +1. Also could be a sponsor.

Dracony

Aug 24, 2015, 4:50:10 AM8/24/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Thanks Alexander =)

Having you as sponsor is awesome =)

Alexander Makarov

Aug 25, 2015, 4:25:59 AM8/25/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'd like to ask in advance about possible -1 before starting formal voting.

Any objections getting Dracony on board?

Cal Evans

Aug 25, 2015, 8:02:15 AM8/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
:) Well, that is the point of this discussion thread. To discuss any issues. It won't necessarily prevent a -1 vote, but this is where we talk it out.

Cheers!
=C=

How to find, hire, and retain developers
Message has been deleted

Attila Szeremi

Sep 1, 2015, 6:41:59 PM9/1/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
As a nobody, I just want to say that despite many people's image of Dracony being the guy that gets downvoted a lot on reddit, is always in your face with his framework, and can be really childish, he's really smart.

He's got a framework he put massive effort into, has it following all sorts of PSRs, has tests, documentation, everything. I also see he constantly seeks to improve with many discussions on reddit, and his comments do give the feeling of a professional programmer.

Also, I'm sure you should be open to a bit of diversity in behavior in your PSR team :P

So I'd give a plus one if I were a member

Larry Garfield

Sep 2, 2015, 2:26:01 PM9/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 09/01/2015 05:41 PM, Attila Szeremi wrote:
> Also, I'm sure you should be open to a bit of diversity in behavior in
> your PSR team :P

Ignoring the other parts of your message for the moment, what does that
even mean? "Diversity in behavior"?

There's only one behavior I would like to see on this list, or any list
for that matter: Constructive, polite, honest, mature adults, perhaps
with a sense of humor.

Diversity of background, sure. That's helpful to any group, and people
from very diverse backgrounds can still have that behavior. But no,
there's a whole host of "behavior" that we have no business tolerating.

--Larry Garfield

Dracony

Sep 3, 2015, 3:17:44 PM9/3/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I appreciate the kind words, Atilla, but I actually hope my behaviour is not perceived as "diverse" by other people =)
If you take a look at my posts in this mailing list, you'll find nothing but on-topic discussions, and I definitely don't remember being in your face with PHPixie anywhere PHPixie-related posts even on reddit.

Also I really hope I don't have an image of the "guy who gets downvoted a lot", if that were true I guess I wouldn't even have the twitter followers, and views on my youtube videos (actually afaik the last one I posted a few months ago got like over 80 upvotes on reddit).

The other thing is that FIG is about projects, not members really. I want PHPixie to have a vote on the direction standards go, plus since I usually have some free time I could actually sponsor some PSRs in the future, which is cool.

But reading your post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling that an outside person would actually care for PHPixie membership, so thanks again =)

Attila Szeremi

Sep 9, 2015, 11:12:55 AM9/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'm not saying your behavior and the way you get downvoted a lot are due to your answers being shit, it's just that you really like to express your personal opinions which although are based on experience, can often be put down by others due to the opinion being unpopular, or that you express things in a very casual way making you appear like a troll.
You do talk about PHPixie a lot of reddit :P
But anyway other than that you do appear to have great professional knowledge and it would be cool if you became a member.

Korvin Szanto

Sep 10, 2015, 6:34:18 PM9/10/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
@dracony,
Keep comments that aren't votes out of voting threads please, remember that people can still change their vote so the vote does not end until either 2 weeks pass or everyone has voted.

Dracony

Sep 10, 2015, 6:42:29 PM9/10/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Yes, sorry for that, I actually meant writing it in this thread, but opened the wrong tab =\