[VOTE][Entrance] Container Interface

Paul M. Jones

Jun 2, 2015, 5:56:16 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This is an entrance vote for the Container Interface proposal:

- https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container.md
- https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container-meta.md

If the vote passes, it means that the proposal will enter the "Draft" stage for discussion and revision, and it will be assigned a PSR number.

Current membership count on the php-fig.org home page is 39. That means quorum is 13 votes.

Of the +1/-1 votes cast, half must be +1 for the vote to pass. Please vote +0 if you don't care either way; this will count toward quorum, and as voting activity on your part.

The vote will conclude in 2 weeks, on or about 1700 CDT, Tue 16 Jun 2015.

This thread is for voting only; please discuss the vote in other threads.

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@gmail.com

Modernizing Legacy Applications in PHP
https://leanpub.com/mlaphp

Solving the N+1 Problem in PHP
https://leanpub.com/sn1php

pmjones

Jun 2, 2015, 5:57:13 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com, pmjo...@gmail.com
+1 from Aura/Solar

-- pmj

Jeroen De Dauw

Jun 2, 2015, 6:10:34 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Wikibase and SMW

Jeremy Lindblom

Jun 2, 2015, 6:12:49 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Guzzle

--
Jeremy Lindblom (@jeremeamia)
Software Engineer at Amazon Web Services

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroen...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from Wikibase and SMW

Taylor Otwell

Jun 2, 2015, 6:32:11 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 From Laravel

Josh Lockhart

Jun 2, 2015, 6:32:51 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Slim

--
Josh Lockhart
he...@joshlockhart.com

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015, at 06:12 PM, Jeremy Lindblom wrote:
> +1 from Guzzle
>
> --
> *Jeremy Lindblom (@jeremeamia <https://twitter.com/jeremeamia>)*
> Software Engineer at Amazon Web Services <http://aws.amazon.com/>
> Co-author of the AWS SDK for PHP <http://aws.amazon.com/sdkforphp/> (
> @awsforphp <https://twitter.com/awsforphp>)
> President of the Seattle PHP User Group <http://www.meetup.com/seaphp/> (
> @seaphp <https://twitter.com/seaphp>)
> Organizer of the Pacific Northwest PHP conference <http://pnwphp.com/> (
> pnwphp.com)
> PHP-FIG <http://www.php-fig.org/> Representative for the Guzzle
> <http://guzzlephp.org/> project
>

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroen...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 from Wikibase and SMW
> >
> > --
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/c22b37ee-0901-45ec-80e4-4a686583063f%40googlegroups.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/c22b37ee-0901-45ec-80e4-4a686583063f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CALDVupLboani8iv48ATXuYVo3NR1%2Bur1nE7fPToEDAd1Q3_vNA%40mail.gmail.com.

Beau Simensen

Jun 2, 2015, 10:22:47 PM6/2/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 Sculpin

Jan Schneider

Jun 3, 2015, 4:24:48 AM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+0 from Horde

Zitat von Paul M. Jones <pmjo...@gmail.com>:
> --

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org/
https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject

Jordi Boggiano

Jun 3, 2015, 8:40:13 AM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
I am not 100% sold yet but what the heck, let's see where this leads :)

+1 Composer

Evert Pot

Jun 3, 2015, 9:58:57 AM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+0

Not sold on the need, but would also not want to block it if others do
see the need.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Jun 3, 2015, 10:02:53 AM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com

> On 03 Jun 2015, at 14:40, Jordi Boggiano <j.bog...@seld.be> wrote:
>
> I am not 100% sold yet but what the heck, let's see where this leads :)

same here .. +1 Jackalope

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Brett Bieber

Jun 3, 2015, 11:15:04 AM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from PEAR

guilher...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2015, 2:47:01 PM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Doctrine

Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com
GTalk: guilhermeblanco
Toronto - ON/Canada

Leo Feyer

Jun 3, 2015, 2:53:52 PM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from Contao.

I would prefer to see a set() method in the interface. Of course I have read section 3.2 of the meta document and I’ve also been loosely following the container-interop project, therefore I know about the goals of the PSR.

Still I think that only get() and has() is not enough to really make it interoperable.

Paul M. Jones

Jun 3, 2015, 3:34:58 PM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Please, no discussion on this thread. Maybe try talking it out on the "Proposal for a Container PSR" thread.

Paul Dragoonis

Jun 3, 2015, 7:35:08 PM6/3/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from PPI Framework

Matteo Beccati

Jun 4, 2015, 2:18:29 AM6/4/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Revive Adserver

On 02/06/2015 23:56, Paul M. Jones wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is an entrance vote for the Container Interface proposal:
>
> - https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container.md
> - https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container-meta.md
>
> If the vote passes, it means that the proposal will enter the "Draft" stage for discussion and revision, and it will be assigned a PSR number.
>
> Current membership count on the php-fig.org home page is 39. That means quorum is 13 votes.
>
> Of the +1/-1 votes cast, half must be +1 for the vote to pass. Please vote +0 if you don't care either way; this will count toward quorum, and as voting activity on your part.
>
> The vote will conclude in 2 weeks, on or about 1700 CDT, Tue 16 Jun 2015.
>
> This thread is for voting only; please discuss the vote in other threads.

--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

Bernhard Schussek

Jun 4, 2015, 5:57:15 AM6/4/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from Symfony

Kayla Daniels

Jun 4, 2015, 9:28:04 AM6/4/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+0 from the league

Kris Wallsmith

Jun 4, 2015, 12:10:48 PM6/4/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 for entrance.

I see an entrance vote as a vote on whether the problem brought forth is worth FIG solving.
I see the container interface as a solution in search of a problem, hence my vote.

Peace and love…
Kris

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 at 06:28 Kayla Daniels <kayl...@gmail.com> wrote:
+0 from the league

Ryan Thompson

Jun 4, 2015, 4:02:07 PM6/4/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 PyroCMS

guilher...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 10:43:00 AM6/5/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Doctrine

IMHO, we should at least discuss if it's worth working on this (looking at Paul Dragoonis' thoughts).

[]s,

Korvin Szanto

Jun 6, 2015, 12:56:38 PM6/6/15
to php...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Makarov

Jun 7, 2015, 4:58:39 AM6/7/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from Yii.

Rémi Gaillard

Jun 8, 2015, 3:27:26 AM6/8/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from PresraShop

Larry Garfield

Jun 9, 2015, 1:16:36 AM6/9/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

André R.

Jun 9, 2015, 5:41:34 AM6/9/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1

eZ Publish ( 6.x, aka eZ Platform later this year )

Cal Evans

Jun 9, 2015, 8:00:00 AM6/9/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from Community

=C=

How to find, hire, and retain developers

Mike van Riel

Jun 9, 2015, 8:01:47 AM6/9/15
to php...@googlegroups.com

Andres Gutierrez

Filipe Guerra

Jun 10, 2015, 10:43:17 PM6/10/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1 from SugarCRM

Karsten Dambekalns

Jun 11, 2015, 5:35:41 AM6/11/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

> On 02.06.2015, at 23:56, Paul M. Jones <pmjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is an entrance vote for the Container Interface proposal:
>
> - https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container.md
> - https://github.com/container-interop/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/container-meta.md

+1 from Neos, let's see where this leads us.

Regards,
Karsten
signature.asc

Shefik

Jun 16, 2015, 4:39:43 PM6/16/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+0 from Zikula

Nils Adermann

Jun 16, 2015, 5:10:06 PM6/16/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+0 from phpBB

On 06/16/2015 10:39 PM, Shefik wrote:
> +0 from Zikula

Paul M. Jones

Jun 16, 2015, 9:07:50 PM6/16/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The vote closed as about 3 hours ago. The final tally is 15 +1, 7 +0, and 9 -1. Quorum is met; the measure passes. Congratulations to the proposers; more hard work is now in front of you.

Next is to assign a PSR number to the proposal and begin the discussion period.

(Say, what *is* the next PSR number, anyway?)

* * *

The votes were:

+1: (15)

Paul M. Jones (Aura/Solar)
Jeroen De Dauw (Wikibase/SMW)
Jeremy Lindblom (Guzzle)
Taylor Otwell (Laravel)
Josh Lockhart (Slim)
Beau Simensen (Sculpin)
Jordi Boggiano (Composer)
Lukas Kahwe Smith (Jackalope)
Brett Bieber (PEAR)
Guilherme Blanco (Doctrine)
Paul Dragoonis (PPI Framework)
Matteo Beccati (Revive Adserver)
Ryan Thompson (PyroCMS)
Rémi Gaillard (PrestaShop)
Karsten Dambekalns (Typo3 Flow / Neos)

+0: (7)

Jan Schneider (Horde)
Evert Pot (SabreDAV)
Kayla Daniels (The League)
Korvin Szanto (Concrete5)
Mike van Riel (phpDocumentor)
Shefik (Zikula)
Nils Adermann (phpBB)

-1: (9)

Leo Feyer (Contao)
Bernhard Schussek (Symfony)
Kris Wallsmith (Assetic)
Alexander Makarov (Yii)
Larry Garfield (Drupal)
André Romcke (eZ Publish)
Cal Evans (Community)
Andres Gutierrez (Phalcon)
Filipe Guerra (SugarCRM)

Larry Garfield

Jun 16, 2015, 9:48:18 PM6/16/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 06/16/2015 08:07 PM, Paul M. Jones wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The vote closed as about 3 hours ago. The final tally is 15 +1, 7 +0, and 9 -1. Quorum is met; the measure passes. Congratulations to the proposers; more hard work is now in front of you.
>
> Next is to assign a PSR number to the proposal and begin the discussion period.
>
> (Say, what *is* the next PSR number, anyway?)

PSR-11.

See this page, which is somehow still not linked from our home page:

http://www.php-fig.org/psr/

(Someone please fix that.)

--Larry Garfield

Korvin Szanto

Jun 17, 2015, 11:31:31 PM6/17/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
With such a strong turnout for the PSR-7 vote, most of the names were wiped clean from this list. Sticking with the same rules, I'm only including projects that have missed 2 or more votes.

David Zülke representing Agavi has missed the last 4 votes.

Don Gilbert representing Joomla has missed the last 2 votes.

Márk Sági-Kazár

Jun 19, 2015, 7:13:34 AM6/19/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Not that I am complaining, but I am a bit surprised that your vote is 0 Kayla. AFAIK Phil Bennett wants to implement this interface in league/container.

2015. június 4., csütörtök 15:28:04 UTC+2 időpontban Kayla Daniels a következőt írta:
+0 from the league

Woody Gilk

Jun 20, 2015, 6:24:56 AM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Márk Sági-Kazár
<mark.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not that I am complaining, but I am a bit surprised that your vote is 0
> Kayla.

It seems really rude to me to call out how a representative votes
publicly like this. I would hope that members can vote in whatever way
they choose without having others criticize and second guess their
intentions.

Regards,
--
Woody Gilk
http://about.me/shadowhand

Matthieu Napoli

Jun 20, 2015, 6:52:25 AM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Maybe he wasn't criticizing her vote but just curious (for the reason he
explained) and it was simply a question? Maybe there's no need to get so
upset? And if Kayla doesn't like the question she will say so and we'll
all move on without creating a big deal out of nothing?
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAGOJM6%2BP1tWjofJVidOp%2BL2eVmLbBnn_vqcpqWkrJKAOT_CDAw%40mail.gmail.com.

Woody Gilk

Jun 20, 2015, 7:18:35 AM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com

I don't disagree with any of that. I just feel that publicly questioning how someone votes is fairly disrespectful and creates unnecessary tension.

:)

Kayla Daniels

Jun 20, 2015, 12:13:36 PM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

As with most votes I consulted the leadership team for the League, and Phil Bennett specifically as he maintains League/Container. The vote was made based on a group decision and we were all in agreement on it.

That said, I'm not sure why I have to answer that question at all. However I vote, I'm doing so on behalf of the League. To my knowledge, it's not common practice to question the vote of a voting representative, so it'd be neat if I didn't have to explain this again.

Thanks,
Kayla Daniels

Paul M. Jones

Jun 20, 2015, 12:41:53 PM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
All,

Now that a response has been made, please recall that this thread is ("was") for voting only. Discussion, including further responses, should be held on a non-voting thread.

Márk Sági-Kazár

Jul 5, 2015, 7:18:32 AM7/5/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kayla,

I am truly sorry, it wasn't my intention to question your vote, neither to suggest any kind of disagreement or something. I completely respect the fact that you are the voting representative, and I don't doubt you do a good job. I was just curious if the plans changed about the container. Maybe it isn't the best channel to ask.

I am very sorry.

Thanks,
Mark

P.S: Sorry Paul, I had to answer to Kayla to make things clear.