Membership Request: Georges Limouzy (phpFastCache)

Georges L.

Apr 30, 2016, 11:12:52 AM4/30/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi

phpFastCache is an open source library multi-drivers (Apc, Memcache, Ssdb, Redis, Xcache etc.).

As of the v5, we've started to follow the psr6 Caching Interface convention.
It's still a work in progress, but we are directly concerned by the Psr's conventions and for this reason we'd like to be a part of the PHP-FIG.

As a member Geolim4 will be able to express the opinions of PHPSocialNetwork and help bring some ideas to the table.
Anyway if the FIG is opened to ideas without the explicit need of becoming a member it's fine too.

Georges L.

Apr 30, 2016, 11:32:09 AM4/30/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group

Samantha Quiñones

May 2, 2016, 4:58:51 PM5/2/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi, Georges,

The FIG is always eager for input from any interested party in the community. With regard to your application, though, have you approached any existing members about sponsoring phpFastCache's entry? :)

Thanks,
Samantha Quiñones

Dracony

May 3, 2016, 6:14:10 AM5/3/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Well, the project does have the stars and downloads, so I guess it fits the popularity criteria, and I wouldn't mind sponsoring the application.

On the other hand, afaik the fig now also asks for prior engagement with the group before applying for membership. If that is the case (and correct me if I'm wrong on this), then you might need to hang around here for a while first =)

Georges L.

May 5, 2016, 9:57:50 PM5/5/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
@Samantha,

I approached Michael C unofficially as he is a old friend from the time were i was an active phpBB member. I globally know a lot of phpBB members such as Michael.C, Nils.A etc.

@Dracony
Indeed, i plan to be as active as i can be, i have some idea for the far future of the psr6, but i wasn't very sure to be allowed (or at least being look good) to
interfere in existing active topics.

Cheers,
Georges