[CC][About Candidate] Sam Minnee

Sam Minnée

Dec 22, 2016, 12:06:59 AM12/22/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi everyone,

My name is Sam Minnee. I'm CEO of SilverStripe Limited, and until 2011 I was CTO of the same company. SilverStripe Limited is the main company that supports the SilverStripe CMS and Framework open source project, and I was the original lead developer of this.  It's current incarnation ("SilverStripe 2") had the first commit made to it in November 2005 and was open-sourced in late 2006. These days, people like Ingo (github.com/chillu) and Damian (github.com/tractorcow) write more code than me, although I still contribute a fair bit. On GitHub, I'm http://github.com/sminnee. I've been coding in PHP since 2002 or so.

Admittedly, SilverStripe has been a late adopter of the PSR standards but I'm passionate about using PSRs as a way of getting more effective interoperability and re-use between PHP frameworks and projects and of avoiding the extent to which different frameworks created "camps" or walled gardens that you need to buy into. I'm a big fan of DDD / hexagonal architecture and, to some extent, of the micro-package approach, although admittedly it can be taken too far.

Relevant experience:

 - 14 years  ith PHP
 - Building a reusable framework, working with developers to help get it adopted, and using it in anger on client projects
 - Managing a user community, encouraging the free exchange of ideas while keeping things civil most of the time
 - Balancing commercial and community interests

I would be honoured to be selected to help the PHP-FIG move towards breaking down the walls between PHP frameworks and of helping make PHP the leading language for the server part of web-apps.

Thanks,
Sam