[VOTE][Internals] Secretary election

Alessandro Lai

Jan 12, 2018, 9:37:01 AM1/12/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello everyone,
as specified in the previous thread (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/php-fig/EKDIoSHqMSo), yesterday at midnight the nominations ended, and since today it's possible to vote for the renewal of the terms that are up for this elections.

Since we have 4 unopposed nominations for the CC spots (and the terms are all equals, so no sorting is necessary), we will need to vote for the secretary position only, for which we have two nominations:

Full information about the Secretary vote and role is visible in the bylaws here: http://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#secretaries

Normally we should use STV, but since we have just one term and two candidates, it will be the same if we simply vote with one direct, single preference. So, to recap:

Who can vote?
As specified in the bylaws, any Project Representative or Core Committee member is eligible to vote on Secretary candidates.

When can you vote?
Voting will be open until 26th January 23:59 UTC.

How to vote
The voting system used is STV[1][2], so basically, there is no tactical voting possible (like with FPTP); vote for who you want, even if they are a less popular candidates as your vote will move down to a different candidate if you back an unpopular candidate who doesn't have enough votes; if a candidate is elected, their surplus votes are also re-allocated so you are not punished for backing popular candidates either. There is no quorum, you are of course entitled to not vote and it will not count as a missed vote on the voting sheet. Rank the candidates in order of preference for example:

1. Luke
2. Leia
3. Anakin
4. Rey
5. Padmé
6. Finn

At the end of the voting phase I will be announcing the results, and all the newly elected (both CC members and secretary) on the 28th, as announced before.

Thanks!

Alessandro Lai
PHP-FIG Secretary

Alexander Makarov

Jan 12, 2018, 9:44:28 AM1/12/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 for Mark Railton from Yii framework.

Korvin Szanto

Jan 12, 2018, 1:37:54 PM1/12/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Robert Parker
2. Mark Railton

Thanks,
Korvin

Sara Golemon

Jan 12, 2018, 4:57:50 PM1/12/18
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 9:37:01 AM UTC-5, Alessandro Lai wrote:
Since we have 4 unopposed nominations for the CC spots (and the terms are all equals, so no sorting is necessary), we will need to vote for the secretary position only, for which we have two nominations:

1. Mark Railton
2. Robert Parker

Chuck Burgess

Jan 12, 2018, 6:07:34 PM1/12/18