PSR-16 / NullCache / CacheAwareInterface / CacheAwareTrait

Pol Dellaiera

Nov 9, 2017, 2:28:59 PM11/9/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

I went on IRC to get some feedback about it and Crell told me something I didn't know yet, that those PSR packages are almost "immutable" and only very simple trivial changes were allowed.

So, if I want to add a NullCache object a CacheAwareTrait trait and a CacheAwareInterface, it should be done in a fig/*-util repository.

The question that I would like to submit in you is the following, if I would like to add a NullCache object, a CacheAwareTrait trait and a CacheAwareInterface, should it be done in php-fig/cache-util or a new repository php-fig/simple-cache-util repo ?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Pol Dellaiera

Nov 9, 2017, 2:46:52 PM11/9/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
In the meantime, I've created a PR for php-fig/cache-util: https://github.com/php-fig/cache-util/pull/13

Let's see if we can add it to that repo or create a new repo for it.

Paul Dragoonis

Nov 10, 2017, 2:45:54 AM11/10/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
I will talk to Jordi about it and get back to you. Cheers

Larry Garfield

Nov 10, 2017, 9:27:56 AM11/10/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
Personally I'm fine with PSR-6 and PSR-16 sharing a util repo.  It's not large and anything not used is just ignored on disk, so there's really no cost to it.

--Larry Garfield

Pol Dellaiera

Nov 10, 2017, 12:26:24 PM11/10/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
@Paul @Larry Thanks for your feedback!

I don't mind putting all cache related stuff in fig/cache-util, it does make sense indeed, this is why the PR is already done :-)

Pol Dellaiera

Nov 13, 2017, 9:50:21 AM11/13/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
A new repo has been created: https://github.com/php-fig/simplecache-util

Does it means that this has been decided ?

Thanks.