[ACCEPTANCE] PSR-15 Accepted

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jan 22, 2018, 5:02:46 PM1/22/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
At this time, I am pleased to announce the ACCEPTANCE of PSR-15, HTTP
Server Request Handlers.

The results of voting are:

- +1: 12
- +0: 0
- -1: 0

In other words, the vote passed unanimously amongst the Core Committee!

The standard documents can be found currently in the fig-standards repo:

- PSR-15: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/accepted/PSR-15-request-handlers.md
- PSR-15 meta document:
https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/accepted/PSR-15-request-handlers-meta.md

This standard is delivered via two packages:

- https://github.com/php-fig/http-server-handler, available via
Packagist as psr/http-server-handler, provides the
RequestHandlerInterface as described in the specification.
- https://github.com/php-fig/http-server-middleware, available via
Packagist as psr/http-server-middleware, provides the
MiddlewareInterface as described in the specification, and depends on
the psr/http-server-handler package.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to Woody Gilk, the Editor for
the specification, for his work in bringing the specification from
idea to acceptance, as well as the working group, for both providing
ideas for the specification and implementations to test against:

- Glenn Eggleton
- Mathieu Napoli
- Oscar Otero
- Korvin Szanto
- Stefano Torresi

As noted during the Acceptance Vote, a number of implementations are
already ready or about ready to release. Searching for the WG package
"http-interop/http-server-middleware" dependents on Packagist already
shows well over 100 packages depending on it, and almost 40 on the
http-server-handler package. This bodes well for adoption, and our
plan at this time is to do work to help evangelize the new standard in
order to boost adoption.

Thank you to everyone who has provided any feedback or ideas!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweiero...@gmail.com

Woody Gilk

Jan 22, 2018, 5:28:08 PM1/22/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Thank you to Matthew for getting this across the finish line, after
almost two years since the original proposal! [1] It has been quite
the journey and I am grateful to see it accepted.

[1]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/vTtGxdIuBX8/NXKieN9vDQAJ
--
Woody Gilk
http://about.me/shadowhand