Re: [PSR-7] Quiz #3 - Identity

Larry Garfield

Mar 24, 2015, 11:16:35 PM3/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 3/24/15 4:57 PM, Crypto Compress wrote:

> As always this quiz is very controversial so please stay polite and
> logically consistent.

You're one to talk...

Really, the vote is already open. The spec WILL NOT CHANGE at this
point. It cannot. By the looks of it, most of the voting
representatives feel that it's a good spec. Your continued badgering is
of no value, and these "quiz" threads are just passive-aggressive nonsense.

You're adding nothing to the discussion at this point other than noise.
That is, you're trolling. I have no time for trolls.

There are OSS projects whose culture welcomes badgering and trolling.
The culture of *this* group will not.

Either stop harassing MWOP and others or get off the list.

--Larry Garfield

John Patrick Gerdeman

Mar 25, 2015, 1:31:08 AM3/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
The other threads are locked. So I'm putting this here.

Fowler wrote that Value Objects are important for DDD. Looking at DDD by Eric Evans page 98, it says:

Value objects are instantiated to represent elements of the design that we care about only for what they are, not who or which they are.
[...]
A value object can be an assemblage of other objects. In software for designing house plans, an object could be created for each window style. This "window style" could be incorporated into a "window" object, along with height and width, as well as rules governing how these attributes can be changed and combined. These windows are intricate value objects made up of other value objects. They in turn would be incorporated into larger elements of a plan, such as "wall" objects.

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, but I hope this puts an end to some parts of the debate.

- John
This conversation is locked