[CC nomination] Michael Cullum

Alexander Makarov

Jan 10, 2018, 11:05:40 AM1/10/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I hereby nominate Michael Cullum for the Core Committee.

Michael was both involved in actual PSRs and was group secretary for two years. He already mentioned that he planned to step down as secretary but he's keen to stay involved with many specs and furthering the FIG's mission from a different position.

Michael Cullum

Jan 10, 2018, 12:30:42 PM1/10/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Thanks for the nomination Alexander, I'm happy to accept.

I've been a FIG Secretary for 2 years now and I think it's time for someone else to step into those shoes, but I would love to be
able to continue to contribute to the FIG's goals as a member of the Core Committee.

A bit of an intro about me:
I've been a FIG Secretary for 2 years, during which time I was one of the two main co-authors of the FIG 3.0 specification and
aided people all across the FIG ecosystem from PSR Editors to Core Committee Members to Project Reps on a variety of
things as part of my role as FIG Secretary. Before being a PHP FIG Secretary I was the editor of PSR-12, on which I've
remained part of the working group and I also helped draft a number of bylaws including the one drafting the secretary role.

I also was in a relatively unique position where part of my role was to watch what the community is saying about the PHP FIG on
Twitter, as well as to advocate for the PHP FIG at conferences and user groups across the globe, and as a result,
I've spoken to hundreds of people, from lead developers to community contributors to your average Joe developer
and heard what they have to say about the FIG. I've also had very close contact with our PSR Editors, including those
of PSRs that are yet-to-come which means I have a good knowledge of the current and many of the future specifications
the FIG is producing.

Outside the PHP FIG I've been a backend developer for a number of years now, and currently work at SamKnows as
Lead Technical Architect, mostly doing Big Data and Machine Learning type stuff in PHP and Python. I'm also on the
core development team of phpBB and am quite closely associated with the Symfony community.

As a result I feel I'm in a good position to be able to represent the community's views on the core committee.

Many thanks,
Michael C

Alessandro Lai

Jan 11, 2018, 5:16:30 AM1/11/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Nomination registered, thanks to you both!