php[world] Meeting

GeeH

Nov 23, 2016, 6:09:42 AM11/23/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi,

Did anyone take notes/minutes of the meeting at php[world] please, and if so will the be posted to the list please?

GeeH

Dec 8, 2016, 10:14:11 AM12/8/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
I'd like to bump this as there have been questions in the PSR-11 thread about the meeting and the notes would be great to help people decide. If there are no notes I will try and reply to the relevant threads from memory :).

Gary

Michael Cullum

Dec 9, 2016, 9:21:04 AM12/9/16
to FIG, PHP
Apologies for the delay in getting these out. The notes I have are below.

Welcome from the Secretaries

Present: Gary Hockin (For the PSR-11 excerpt), Larry Garfield, Chris Tankersley, Brian Retter, David Stockton, William Hurley, Anthony Ferrara, Michael Cullum.

Apologies: Samantha

PSR-13 has passed. Congratulations were passed to Larry and the PSR-13 team for their hard work

PSR-14

Looking for interest from frameworks at the moment.

PSR-16

We should follow through from PSR-6 and not be any more explicit than PSR-6 is at present, particularly in regards to how to handle negative/null/0 expiration times.

Reasons behind PSR-16 were discussed in that PSR-16 can cover additional use-cases in additional to those covered by PSR-6 as well as adding a much more simple interface for libraries to use.

There was general consensus that the Countable Interface should be split into its own interface.

PSR-11

The current PR determines that strings must be UTF-8 compatible. It was noted that this statement was perhaps unnecessary as they are stored as byte streams but interpreted as strings in PHP and it was agreed by all present it should simply say ‘store it as a legal php string’.

Exceptions are viewed as needlessly clumsy as there is no difference between broken and missing and they should be separate.

It was agreed by those present that the Delegate Lookup feature could be an extension PSR in the future however it is out of scope of PSR-11 a this time. If PSR-11 missed the FIG 2.0 window and a working group is formed however then it should/could be considered also in addition to the upcoming service container definitions PSR.

The reasoning behind the purpose of PSR-11 was discussed in terms of switching out containers in micro-frameworks and the ability to move factories between frameworks as factories often depend on the ability to be able to access a container directly.

PSR-5

Michael informed those present that Mike van Riel was willing to pick this effort back up and will form a WG shortly. It was noted IDEs like PHPStorm would have useful input as well as tools like PHP Documenter and Sami.

There was a discussion about splitting the PSR into annotations and specific tags used in docblocks and those present agreed it made more sense to split up the PSR.

--
Michael C

Larry Garfield

Dec 9, 2016, 9:42:14 AM12/9/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 12/09/2016 08:20 AM, Michael Cullum wrote:
Apologies for the delay in getting these out. The notes I have are below.

Welcome from the Secretaries

Present: Gary Hockin (For the PSR-11 excerpt), Larry Garfield, Chris Tankersley, Brian Retter, David Stockton, William Hurley, Anthony Ferrara, Michael Cullum.

Apologies: Samantha

Note: Kalpana Goel was also present, although did not participate.  She was just an observer.

--Larry Garfield