[PSR-9] Split spec in twain

Larry Garfield

Mar 26, 2015, 1:02:16 PM3/26/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
The PSR-9 group has been working on a a spec for recommended security
practices, including a common format for distributing security
advisories (SAs). We've determined that the SA distribution part ought
to get split off to its own PSR.

Thus, we propose to fork that part off to what I believe would be called
PSR-10.

Since we've not had this situation come up before I'm not sure how much
discussion we need before I call an entrance vote for PSR-10; I am open
to opinions on whether I should just do it or not.

The proposed "Reduced scope" PSR-9 is here:

https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/393

And the proposed "distribution" PSR[-10] is here:

https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/473

Note that the second especially would just be an "idea" vote to admit as
a separate spec, so don't comment on the specifics at this time.

The working group for the split off PSR would be:

Editor: Lukas Smith
Coordinator: Larry Garfield
Sponsor: Korvin Szanto

(The same people as for PSR-9, but with the Coordinator and Sponsor
swapped to spread out the workload.)

I now open the floor for discussion, mainly of whether or not I should
just take it to an entrance vote immediately. :-)

--Larry Garfield

Alexander Makarov

Mar 27, 2015, 4:53:37 AM3/27/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Why not? Smaller focused PSRs are better than lengthy ones.

Pádraic Brady

Mar 30, 2015, 3:28:10 PM3/30/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fine to split off another PSR rather than cover two topics in
one. Formalities being formalities, it's likely implicit that the
group as a whole needs to assign a new PSR number however. So I'd
initiate an entrance vote for the second - I don't think it needs much
discussion other than to clarify why the split is justified.

Paddy

On 27 March 2015 at 08:53, Alexander Makarov
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/c248d54d-5c2b-4a96-88e6-3b4b6c6abe52%40googlegroups.com.

Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.survivethedeepend.com
Zend Framework Community Review Team
Zend Framework PHP-FIG Representative

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Apr 6, 2015, 10:03:02 AM4/6/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
So lets call for a vote on this?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CALwr1Gm-daNbM7DEY%2Be3jejeX1zZmu6g1J7s8NrABf8bv4_EPw%40mail.gmail.com.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Filipe Guerra

Apr 6, 2015, 11:37:03 PM4/6/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
If having 2 PSRs will avoid problems like the PSR-6, then +1 :)