Member Project Change?

Jeremy Lindblom

Feb 24, 2015, 6:29:06 PM2/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Michael Dowling and I were talking today about the AWS SDK for PHP's membership in FIG. We feel (based on some internal reasons) that it may not make sense for the AWS SDK for PHP to continue to be a member project. We would, however, like Guzzle to be a member project instead. Michael and I are behind both projects, which is why Guzzle never requested to join before.

I did not see anything in the bylaws concerning this situation, and I don't think there is any precedence for this either. What do you recommend we do? We could resign and then request a new membership for Guzzle. That seems a little superfluous, but we are willing to do that if makes the most sense.

Also, Michael has requested that I take over as the representative.

Thanks,
Jeremy Lindblom

Larry Garfield

Feb 24, 2015, 7:39:38 PM2/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 2/24/15 5:29 PM, Jeremy Lindblom wrote:
> Michael Dowling and I were talking today about the AWS SDK for PHP's
> membership in FIG. We feel (based on some internal reasons) that it may
> not make sense for the AWS SDK for PHP to continue to be a member
> project. We would, however, like Guzzle to be a member project instead.
> Michael and I are behind both projects, which is why Guzzle never
> requested to join before.
>
> I did not see anything in the bylaws concerning this situation, and I
> don't think there is any precedence for this either. What do you
> recommend we do? We /could/ resign and then request a new membership for
> Guzzle. That seems a little superfluous, but we are willing to do that
> if makes the most sense.
>
> Also, Michael has requested that I take over as the representative.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy Lindblom

I would recommend the other way around, myself. Admit Guzzle with you
as the representative, then AWS SDK can withdraw itself.

I highly doubt you or Guzzle would have any pushback on membership, so
it would be mostly a formality. But it would also mean that there's no
"gap" period where neither project is represented.

--Larry Garfield

Cal Evans

Feb 24, 2015, 7:40:26 PM2/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
I like Larry's idea.

=C=

How to find, hire, and retain developers

Larry Garfield

Feb 24, 2015, 7:43:44 PM2/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Addendum: I'd be happy to sponsor Jeremy/Guzzle for membership.

--Larry Garfield