Re: On The Behavior Of Secretaries

Robert Hafner

May 28, 2016, 2:03:08 PM5/28/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
I’m still catching up on this shitshow of a thread (I’ve been trying to avoid this list while at work).

Just to be clear-

1. Michael, I completely missed that you added the vote back in during the original thread. I apologize for that, and had I caught that it would have been the end of the discussion for me.

2. I still think it should be made explicit in the bylaws that all votes count unless the bylaws say otherwise.

3. If it came to a vote, I would support a bylaw that removed people’s ability to vote on their own expulsion.

4. I agree that working with Paul is extremely difficult. I just also realize a broken clock is still right twice a day. I just with this thread had been more productive instead of argumentative, and apologize for any role I had in that.

Rob

On May 28, 2016, at 12:56 AM, Lewis Cowles <lewis.co...@gmail.com> wrote:

As a casual observer I think I'd get more value out of banning Paul from a computer. I cannot see how so many have called to kick out X,Y,Z and not Paul. His behavior does not reflect well on the FIG to outsiders.

On 27/05/16 14:53, Woody Gilk wrote:
It would really be better for everyone if Phil and Paul would stop
addressing each other on this ML. Just my $0.02.
--
Woody Gilk
http://about.me/shadowhand

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Paul Jones <pmjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
On May 27, 2016, at 03:29, Phil Sturgeon <pjstu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Paul, you are spamming people. Stop.
Phil, you are spamming in return. Stop.

The noise in here of late is getting absolutely ridiculous.
So stop contributing to it.

Great work by the secretaries so far, but please start locking these threads faster.
Yes, by all means, shut down conversations faster. (/me rolls eyes)

--

Paul M. Jones
http://paul-m-jones.com