[VOTE] PhpSpec Membership

Paul Dragoonis

Nov 24, 2015, 7:15:47 AM11/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group,

We passed the threshold for the 2 week discussion on PhpSpec. I'm opening up the vote for PhpSpec's application.

The discussion thread for this membership is here:

Many thanks,
Paul

Dracony

Nov 24, 2015, 7:51:20 AM11/24/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from PHPixie

First vote in the thread =P

Robert Deutz

Nov 24, 2015, 9:51:52 AM11/24/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from Joomla!

Robert

Chris Tankersley

Nov 24, 2015, 10:21:18 AM11/24/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Sculpin

-Chris

Larry E. Masters

Nov 24, 2015, 10:30:44 AM11/24/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from CakePHP

--
Larry E. Masters

Korvin Szanto

Nov 24, 2015, 10:31:42 AM11/24/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 concrete5

Alexander Makarov

Nov 25, 2015, 5:49:24 AM11/25/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from Yii.

Shefik

Nov 25, 2015, 6:12:35 AM11/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Zikula

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Nov 25, 2015, 7:04:35 AM11/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com

+1 from Zend Framework.

Jeroen De Dauw

Nov 25, 2015, 7:18:30 AM11/25/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
+1 from Wikibase & SMW

Not the first vote in the thread

Matteo Beccati

Nov 25, 2015, 8:19:40 AM11/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 24/11/2015 13:15, Paul Dragoonis wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> We passed the threshold for the 2 week discussion on PhpSpec. I'm
> opening up the vote for PhpSpec's application.

+1 from Revive Adserver

--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

Karsten Dambekalns

Nov 25, 2015, 9:41:33 AM11/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On 24 Nov 2015, at 13:15, Paul Dragoonis <drag...@gmail.com> wrote:

We passed the threshold for the 2 week discussion on PhpSpec. I'm opening up the vote for PhpSpec's application.

+1 from Neos.

Regards,
Karsten Dambekalns

signature.asc

Jeremy Lindblom

Nov 25, 2015, 11:15:09 AM11/25/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Guzzle.

--
Jeremy Lindblom (@jeremeamia)
Software Engineer at Engrade

Ciaran McNulty

Dec 9, 2015, 4:11:50 AM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi,

Was this a 2-week voting period? If so it's over

What's the current volume required for a quorum?

Thanks

-C

Michael Cullum

Dec 9, 2015, 4:48:17 AM12/9/15
to FIG, PHP
Quorum is 15 members so it wasn't met which is frankly quite disappointing.

--
Michael C

Ciaran McNulty

Dec 9, 2015, 5:07:06 AM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
That's what I thought, oh well!

Thanks to Paul for sponsoring.

-C

Jeremy Lindblom

Dec 9, 2015, 8:59:43 AM12/9/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
To me this is an indicator of a few things:

1. That a 2 week voting period may not be sufficient.
2. That the FIG secretary may become important in encouraging members vote.
3. We may need a better way to notify members of a vote.

--
Jeremy Lindblom (@jeremeamia)
Software Engineer at Engrade
McGraw-Hill Education

Woody Gilk

Dec 9, 2015, 10:23:27 AM12/9/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Jeremy Lindblom <jerem...@gmail.com> wrote:
3. We may need a better way to notify members of a vote.

I like what PHP does with the RFC site that lists all voting members and their votes.

Robert Deutz

Dec 9, 2015, 11:19:46 AM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
That's strange, all votes on the first two days and then nothing. All busy with the PSR-6 fight ahmm discussion?

Cheers,
Robert

Korvin Szanto

Dec 9, 2015, 11:32:17 AM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
We always have [Vote] in the title of these vote threads, the first thing I did when I joined this mailing list is filter out the votes so that I could have a nice neat list of them.

The fact that we have not met quorum here is absolutely shameful, something needs to be done.

Michael Cullum

Dec 9, 2015, 1:44:05 PM12/9/15
to FIG, PHP
1) I believe two weeks is already quite a long period I think and everyone who voted did so within two days of this being posted anyway. I think the problem is people seeing the vote.
2) Currently this is part of the coordinator's defined role for PSRs but there are no such responsibilities given to fig members starting membership votes but I'd agree that the secretary should play a part in ensuring good voter turnouts but I think it should also be a case that projects themselves should be encouraged to be more aware and proactive I think and shouldn't *need* prodding for each and every vote.
3) Indeed. Filters are great but only so long as you check them. Something similar to http://php-rfc-watch.beberlei.de/ with notifications might be quite useful.

I do suspect that PSR-6, and later PSR-12, became rather distracting and people rather forgot about this vote as it slipped down their inboxes. Even Paul who started the vote forgot to vote himself.

I'd add that it might be worth restarting this vote as this vote actually had only one less +1 than icicle did (which passed), the only difference being that icicle made a quorum with a majority voting +1 due to a large number of abstentions.

--
Michael C

Robert Deutz

Dec 9, 2015, 2:10:45 PM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
100% agree to restart the vote

Robert

Christopher Pitt

Dec 9, 2015, 2:34:54 PM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Shamefully forgot to vote. Would love a revote, and it's explicitly permitted in the bylaws. +1 to open a revote to +1.

Ciaran McNulty

Dec 9, 2015, 4:01:46 PM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Thanks for the support everyone but I am not interested in an immediate revote, it would not be in the spirit in the bylaws.

I may reapply in future.

-Ciaran

Korvin Szanto

Dec 9, 2015, 4:09:56 PM12/9/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Ciaran,
I would urge you to reconsider. The bylaws are written to allow for this, and I'm sure that we would all agree that this thread is an embarrassment for the group and certainly does NOT match the "spirit" of the bylaws.

Brian Retterer

Dec 15, 2015, 9:39:15 PM12/15/15
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Ciaran

I would also urge you to resubmit.  I looked through my email and I do not even see an email that came to me with any of the votes here.  I am not sure what happened, but to me it also surprises me that all votes are in the first two days and nothing.

During this time there was a LOT of stuff going on and I think this just got lost.

-Brian