[VOTE] Secretary Election

Michael Cullum

Oct 19, 2017, 5:17:12 PM10/19/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

We've been attempting to get more nominations so this has been delayed a few times but we now have three candidates so we're rolling with it.

Full information about the Secretary vote and role is visible in the bylaws here: http://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#secretaries

You can check out their nomination topics and ask questions there.

Votes may be cast by project reps or CC members. If an individual is both a rep and a CC member, they may one vote once.

Nominations List
How to vote
The voting system used is STV[1][2], so basically, there is no tactical voting possible (like with FPTP); vote for who you want, even if they are a less popular candidates as your vote will move down to a different candidate if you back an unpopular candidate who doesn't have enough votes; if a candidate is elected, their surplus votes are also re-allocated so you are not punished for backing popular candidates either. There is no quorum, you are of course entitled to not vote and it will not count as a missed vote on the voting sheet. Rank the candidates in order of preference for example:

1. Luke
2. Leia
3. Anakin
4. Rey
5. Padmé
6. Finn

You may, if you wish, not rank all three candidates (however this is relatively pointless in STV, only do this if your bottom candidates are of equal preference to you). For example:

1. Luke
2. Anakin
3. Padmé
4. Leia

The vote ends at 23:59 UTC on the 2nd November, and I will close the vote and announce the result at some point on the 3rd. At any time, any candidate or voting member may privately ask me to do a count and tell them who would be elected to which term if the vote ended at that point. Please be wary of 'STV calculators' on the internet as there are many different ways of calculating the vote reallocation for STV and many are inaccurate, our methods are dictated in the bylaws.

Good luck to all the candidates!

--
Many thanks,
Michael Cullum

[1]: STV User-friendly Explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI

Stefano Torresi

Oct 19, 2017, 6:23:27 PM10/19/17
to php...@googlegroups.com

1. Alessandro Lai

Alexander Makarov

Oct 20, 2017, 6:29:27 AM10/20/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Alessandro Lai

Chris

Oct 20, 2017, 10:52:56 AM10/20/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margaret Staples
2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

-Chris
signature.asc

Larry Garfield

Oct 20, 2017, 6:34:11 PM10/20/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
On 10/19/2017 04:17 PM, Michael Cullum wrote:

Nominations List

The topic link for Margret is wrong.  The correct one is:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/6KAK-lWEpAs/G2h1kAq8AAAJ

--Larry Garfield

Larry Garfield

Oct 20, 2017, 6:36:30 PM10/20/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margret Staples

2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

--Larry Garfield

Matteo Beccati

Oct 21, 2017, 2:34:29 AM10/21/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1. Alessandro Lai
2. Margret Staples
3. Mark Railton

On 19/10/2017 23:17, Michael Cullum wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've been attempting to get more nominations so this has been delayed a
> few times but we now have three candidates so we're rolling with it.

--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

Ben Marks

Oct 21, 2017, 4:14:09 AM10/21/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Alessandro Lai

Chuck Burgess

Oct 22, 2017, 7:41:09 PM10/22/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margret Staples
2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

CRB
(PEAR)

Graham Daniels

Oct 22, 2017, 9:12:17 PM10/22/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Margret Staples
2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

--Graham

Samantha Quinones

Oct 22, 2017, 9:12:45 PM10/22/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margret Staples
2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

--
Samantha Quiñones, PHP-FIG CC

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Oct 23, 2017, 7:36:13 AM10/23/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margaret Staples

2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith

signature.asc

GeeH

Oct 23, 2017, 5:06:58 PM10/23/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Margret Staples
2. Mark Railton
3. Alessandro Lai

Joe Ferguson

Oct 23, 2017, 5:17:32 PM10/23/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margret Staples
2. Mark Railton
3. Alessandro Lai

Good Luck and Godspeed Secretaries :D

- Phergie

- Joe Ferguson
JoeFerguson.me
MemphisPHP.org

Paul Dragoonis

Oct 24, 2017, 5:27:12 AM10/24/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margret Staples
2. Mark Railton
3. Alessandro Lai

Damian Mooyman

Oct 24, 2017, 10:51:05 PM10/24/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group

  1. Alessandro Lai
  2. Mark Railton
  3. Margret

Beau Simensen

Oct 26, 2017, 11:59:32 AM10/26/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Margret Staples
2. Alessandro Lai
3. Mark Railton

Korvin Szanto

Oct 30, 2017, 5:13:27 PM10/30/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Alessandro Lai
2. Margret Staples
3. Mark Railton

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Oct 31, 2017, 10:53:54 AM10/31/17
to php...@googlegroups.com
1. Margaret Staples
2. Mark Railton
3. Alessandro Lai

> --

Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweiero...@gmail.com
https://mwop.net/

Marc Alexander

Oct 31, 2017, 5:29:40 PM10/31/17
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Alessandro Lai
2. Margret Staples
3. Mark Railton

-- Marc (phpBB)

Sara Golemon

Nov 1, 2017, 1:45:05 PM11/1/17
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 5:17:12 PM UTC-4, Michael Cullum wrote:
Votes may be cast by project reps or CC members. If an individual is both a rep and a CC member, they may one vote once.

I've sat on this vote for a bit because I don't want it to be a popularity contest. FD; I know Margaret well and think she's keen, but it should be about Passion/Interest, Ability (though fwiw, all seem quite capable), and connection to the FIG and PHP communities.

With that in mind, my ranked votes are:

1. Alessandro Lai
2. Margaret Staples
3. Mark Railton

To whoever doesn't make the vote; Please stick around! Your participation is absolutely valued.

-Sara

Cees-Jan Kiewiet

Nov 1, 2017, 5:33:38 PM11/1/17
to php...@googlegroups.com