PHPDay 2018 meeting recap

Alessandro Lai

May 14, 2018, 7:15:21 AM5/14/18
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello everyone!

I'm back from the PHPDay 2018 conference, where we held an (un)official PHP-FIG meeting in the unconference track Saturday afternoon.

I will try to recap what was discussed here.

The main topic was going through the status of pending PSRs:
- I'm personally trying to help pushing PSR-5 back into the draft phase; the CC sponsor is Michael, which attended the meeting via Hangout, and acknowledge the latest PR about the meta doc, which should be enough for moving on to the entrance vote: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1026
- PSR-9 & 10 are currently abandoned, and they need some experts in the security field to proceed; Michael is already asking to some people about it to reboot them.
- PSR-12 is in review phase, and it has been discussed by the WG (which I recently officially joined, after months of helping from the shadows) and evaluated the copious feedback that we received in the previous weeks; we may need some small adjustments that are not trivial enough to stay in the review phase, so we may go back to draft phase, but for a minimal amount of time; the WG already agrees on what should be done, so the only delay should be the new mandated 4-weeks period for the review phase.
- PSR-14 has entered the draft phase and it's proceeding well thanks to Crell shepherding the WG very well (see his recent post on ML about this).
- PSR-17 is being worked on by the WG, from which we had Stefano attending the meeting.
- PSR-18 needs a review by Sara, Tobias pinged me about it: he may have spotted a language issue/probable bug regarding the interface that the PSR should include, that should be the same as HTTPlug's, apart from the added return type.

An other discussed topic was the fact that we had multiple feedback from the outside about the fact that we do not have a standard format for the PSRs themselves. We agreed that such guidelines should only matter in regard of correct rendering on the official site so, since it's just aesthetic, it should fall under the secretaries' responsibilities; we will try to check if there are PSRs with inconsistent formatting and fix them ASAP; we may write down some small guide about that later, so newer WGs will not struggle about this topic.

Last but not least, stickers were shared!

I hope that this is enough! Please pitch in if I forgot something!

Lukas Kahwe Smith

May 14, 2018, 7:17:53 AM5/14/18
to php...@googlegroups.com
- PSR-9 & 10 are currently abandoned, and they need some experts in the security field to proceed; Michael is already asking to some people about it to reboot them.

whatever we do, we should likely either integrate or collaborate with https://securitytxt.org/

regards,
Lukas