[VOTE] Request to replace Karma Dordrak as the voting representative for Zikula

Korvin Szanto

Apr 14, 2015, 2:01:30 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
If you weren't following the thread about inactive projects, we chose a few of the least active member projects to reach out to and Zikula was one of them. Doing some research I found that the representative for the project has either resigned or gone AWOL since at least late last year, so I instead reached out to the active maintainers and received a response from Craig Heydenburg indicating that they were unaware of the FIG membership.

Craig Heydenburg seems to have done some deeper research into what the FIG does and has decided that Zikula would like to resign. This is problematic because Craig is not the member project's representative and we will most likely not hear the current representative thoughts on the matter. I do not like the idea of setting a precedent for either a non-representative resigning a project or a non-representative becoming a de-facto representative without input from the current representative, and I don't want to put a permanent "PHP-FIG EXPULSION" on Zikula's record so instead I am calling a formal vote in accordance with the membership bylaws to replace the representative with a new one provided by Zikula so that they may officially resign.

Relevant excerpt from membership bylaws:
> If, in the judgement of PHP-FIG, a Voting Representative is acting inappropriately and to the detriment of PHP-FIG's ability to meet its objectives, a vote may be taken to request a replacement Voting Representative in accordance with the Voting Protocol bylaw or to expel the Member Project where replacing a Voting Representative is not possible.

This vote will end April 28th at 6:00 PM UTC.

Korvin Szanto

Apr 14, 2015, 2:03:03 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
A link to the relevant post by Craig: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/php-fig/0KoDy5bHAn0/SXZEkho92mQJ

+1 concrete5

Larry Garfield

Apr 14, 2015, 2:10:46 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
To clarify, this is a vote to request that Zikula name a new
representative other than Drak, due to Drak's AWOLness? (And if it
passes and they name Craig, he can then withdraw Zikula from FIG or not,
as they see fit.)

If that understanding is correct:

+1

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

Korvin Szanto

Apr 14, 2015, 2:12:20 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Yep you got it

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/552D581F.9000603%40garfieldtech.com.

Leo Feyer

Apr 14, 2015, 2:19:45 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Contao

Drak

Apr 14, 2015, 4:30:19 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
I think something got lost in translation somewhere. Let me see about finding a replacement. Zikula contributed a lot in the early days and I think there should be continuation if possible.

Drak

Kris Wallsmith

Apr 14, 2015, 4:32:37 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
-1

No need to compel the project to make a change if they're already working on it.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/5da752fb-9233-4cbb-b633-104b78b5baee%40googlegroups.com.

Korvin Szanto

Apr 14, 2015, 4:34:27 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
This vote is officially cancelled now that Drak has responded.

Drak

Apr 14, 2015, 4:44:24 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Just for the record, the first I found out about this was from Larry who contacted me privately to ask what was up. Granted I am way behind on my emails, so I may have missed any attempts to contact me privately (which I hope there were).
It's been on my mind to find an alternative for the group for some time, but I just didnt find the time.

Drak

Korvin Szanto

Apr 14, 2015, 4:53:46 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Drak, I was unable to locate a public email address for you and didn't think to ask Larry or anyone else. I reached out through twitter (https://twitter.com/KorvinSzanto/status/585897950024335360) and later through the Zikula forums (http://zikula.org/forums/topic/59865). When I finally got an email, you were not listed in the people attached and the reply indicated that you had indeed been absent for some time.

My apologies for failing to reach out to you directly.

Drak

Apr 14, 2015, 4:59:26 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
No worries. FWIW anyone with administrative access to this list has access to the members list so if you need in the future, it's always an option.

Larry Garfield

Apr 14, 2015, 5:18:58 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Glad to see you're still alive, Drak! Although, um, I didn't ping you
personally. At least not in the last year. :-) Must have been my good
twin? (I have a goatee, so I'm the evil twin.)

--Larry Garfield

On 4/14/15 3:59 PM, Drak wrote:
> No worries. FWIW anyone with administrative access to this list has
> access to the members list so if you need in the future, it's always an
> option.
>
> On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 9:53:46 PM UTC+1, Korvin Szanto wrote:
>
> Drak, I was unable to locate a public email address for you and
> didn't think to ask Larry or anyone else. I reached out through
> twitter (https://twitter.com/KorvinSzanto/status/585897950024335360
> <https://twitter.com/KorvinSzanto/status/585897950024335360>) and
> later through the Zikula forums
> (http://zikula.org/forums/topic/59865
> <http://zikula.org/forums/topic/59865>). When I finally got an
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/467f7d8a-fc41-4bc0-85a3-2bbeb668fb1b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/5da752fb-9233-4cbb-b633-104b78b5baee%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/5da752fb-9233-4cbb-b633-104b78b5baee%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAJ0jGVu%3DmdiV0SGPn4gC%3DMtw9GvDE9p%3DPA0YXPKO1uiRwmy3aw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAJ0jGVu%3DmdiV0SGPn4gC%3DMtw9GvDE9p%3DPA0YXPKO1uiRwmy3aw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/26bbf931-0a85-4eb5-936f-df255455c71c%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/26bbf931-0a85-4eb5-936f-df255455c71c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/9453f544-85aa-4d5e-bae6-f3956bf684da%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/9453f544-85aa-4d5e-bae6-f3956bf684da%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Larry E. Masters

Apr 14, 2015, 5:27:40 PM4/14/15
to Larry Garfield, php...@googlegroups.com

On April 14, 2015 at 4:19:00 PM, Larry Garfield (la...@garfieldtech.com) wrote:

Glad to see you're still alive, Drak! Although, um, I didn't ping you
personally. At least not in the last year. :-) Must have been my good
twin? (I have a goatee, so I'm the evil twin.)

Larry,

I have a goatee, wouldn’t consider myself good and definitely not your twin :) I reached out to Drak because he and I worked on Postnuke (Zikula) years ago and I didn’t think he would step away without finding a replacement.

--
Larry E. Masters

Dracony

Apr 14, 2015, 7:09:15 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com, la...@garfieldtech.com
Well, that deescalated quickly )

Korvin Szanto

Apr 14, 2015, 7:09:58 PM4/14/15
to php...@googlegroups.com, la...@garfieldtech.com
There's still the matter of which Larry is the good Larry ...

Shefik Macauley

Apr 15, 2015, 1:36:07 AM4/15/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Drak,

I am interested in helping out with PHP-FIG and represent Zikula, so Zikula won't have to "resign". Let's discuss further. Thanks.

- Shefik

Alexander Makarov

Apr 15, 2015, 3:58:56 AM4/15/15
to php...@googlegroups.com