[PSR-17] Any help needed? When do we move forward?

Tomasz Darmetko

Jul 28, 2016, 10:33:17 AM7/28/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello,
I just want to ask if there is any help needed with PSR-17? I'm happy to help if there is anything on TODO list.
Otherwise can we move forward with the proposal? Next step would be review I guess?

Thanks,
Tomasz Darmetko

Woody Gilk

Jul 28, 2016, 10:53:48 AM7/28/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
There are still a few outstanding issues with PSR-17. Progress is waiting on other internals issues.

Paul Jones

Jul 28, 2016, 11:19:46 AM7/28/16
to php...@googlegroups.com

> On Jul 28, 2016, at 09:53, Woody Gilk <woody...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Progress is waiting on other internals issues.

To be clear, this is at the editor's discretion; nothing else impedes "progress."

--

Paul M. Jones
http://paul-m-jones.com

Woody Gilk

Jul 28, 2016, 11:22:53 AM7/28/16
On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Paul Jones <pmjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
To be clear, this is at the editor's discretion; nothing else impedes "progress."

That's an interesting way to put it Paul, since you know full well why progress has stalled and what could be done to allow it to continue.

Paul Jones

Jul 28, 2016, 11:36:40 AM7/28/16
to php...@googlegroups.com

> On Jul 28, 2016, at 10:22, Woody Gilk <woody...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Paul Jones <pmjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To be clear, this is at the editor's discretion; nothing else impedes "progress."
>
> That's an interesting way to put it Paul, since you know full well why progress has stalled and what could be done to allow it to continue.

That's right: the choice is entirely, completely, and fully yours.

Samantha Quiñones

Jul 28, 2016, 4:22:02 PM7/28/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Woody and Paul, Michael and I will be reaching out to the both of you to work out a resolution to this impasse. In the meantime, please refrain from bickering in the list, particularly in the context of a person offering to help push work forward.

If I see any more of this I will lock the thread and start putting people on moderation.

Tomasz, I apologize for this. Thank you for volunteering your time. I'm hopeful that we will get things moving forward soon and I'm sure your contributions will be appreciated.

Best,
Samantha

Matteo Beccati

Jul 29, 2016, 4:47:24 AM7/29/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Woody,

On 28/07/2016 17:22, Woody Gilk wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Paul Jones <pmjo...@gmail.com
> <mailto:pmjo...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> To be clear, this is at the editor's discretion; nothing else
> impedes "progress."
>
> That's an interesting way to put it Paul, since you know full well why
> progress has stalled and what could be done to allow it to continue.

I hope you don't mind me asking. How is the current sponsor actively
impeding technical progress?

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

Iain Cambridge

Jul 29, 2016, 5:08:51 AM7/29/16
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group

I hope you don't mind me asking. How is the current sponsor actively
impeding technical progress?

I believe this will shed more light on the matter https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/php-fig/NTlrJKZZWao

I believe what is current impeding progress is Woody is refusing to work on it while Paul is still a member or involved in the PSR in it in any way. If I'm wrong on this I do apologise.