How's it going?

Bob Haugen

Dec 19, 2013, 11:13:08 AM12/19/13
to phot...@googlegroups.com
If I understood correctly, the photosynq gang planned to have devices ready in January 2014. Still on track?

(We're not in a hurry or impatient or antsy or anything like that, just checking in. Also, where's the best place to track the pulse of the project? Github? Blog? Wiki? (Not seeing much new-new in either...)

Greg Austic

Dec 19, 2013, 8:53:41 PM12/19/13
to Bob Haugen, phot...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know, I've been slow getting information out.  I spent last month writing proposals and trying to get funding, and the last week organizing the team for the final month's sprint to get the unit ready and testing some of the tougher measurements... sorry I've been slow!

I pretty much post on the blog for updates at www.photosynq.org, which I will (MUST!) do by the end of this weekend at the latest.  We're still planning for a end of January role out, and we're trying to get all our ducks in a row for it.

But, we've been testing some tough measurements, ECS and some other stuff, which require mighty tight signals and... well they look pretty good!  Our signal to noise is something like .06% - so we're picking up minute changes in absorbance which can tell you a lot of neat stuff about plants so we're excited about that.  I think I'm about done fiddling with the spectroscopic components.

So I'm going to wrap that up and post tomorrow, and then get to work on making all of our other compenents (temp sensor, humidity, contactless leaf temp, etc.) talk nice with one another and get them calibrated.  I'm most concerned about getting the app and website up and running in time, since other more volunteer folks are doing that so it's tough to keep them going.

That's the update, you pinging me is a good excuse for me to push out some information -

Greg

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Bob Haugen <bob.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I understood correctly, the photosynq gang planned to have devices ready in January 2014. Still on track?

(We're not in a hurry or impatient or antsy or anything like that, just checking in. Also, where's the best place to track the pulse of the project? Github? Blog? Wiki? (Not seeing much new-new in either...)

Greg Austic

2198 Seminole Dr.
Okemos, MI 48864