Some Notes from a (very) New Guy

John Saunders

Jul 3, 2015, 6:29:20 PM7/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I have literally just begun mobile development, and using PhoneGap. Literally meaning I didn't own a SmartPhone until this week.

I now own a Samsung Galaxy S6, and am trying to install PhoneGap on my Windows 8.1 laptop using the instructions at http://phonegap.com/install/. So, first installed Node.js by clicking the "Install" link on https://nodejs.org/. Then tried

C:\> npm install -g phonegap
Only problem (so far) is that I don't have a command-line "git" installed. I know that's close to heresy, but, FYI, I'd add instructions to install one to the install page so as not to confuse us old new folks.

Jesse Monroy

Jul 4, 2015, 12:52:49 AM7/4/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
John,
thanks for your very good suggestion. However, phonegap people rarely read the forum.
I would suggest you post to http://community.phonegap.com/nitobi
Since you are new the wiki is good too: https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap/wiki

Jesse