Need to automate photo taking

Paul Hemans

Jul 29, 2015, 7:21:53 AM7/29/15
to phonegap
I need the ability to take photos, in the background, on a timer. I have had a look around and can't seem to find a plugin that does that. The plugin I found pops up the modal camera interface. Is that an issue with the way the plugin works? Or is that a restriction of the API that is being used?
That is, is it possible to write a plugin to work around the issue so that photos can be taken in the background? I am happy to put the work in to get it going just provided I know that it is possible to do. I am only interested in getting it working on Android. This is for an automation project.

Thanks.

jcesarmobile

Jul 29, 2015, 8:29:18 AM7/29/15
to phonegap, paul....@gmail.com
I think you can if you create a plugin for camera direct
http://developer.android.com/training/camera/cameradirect.html

but the camera still needs a preview before taking the picture (it seems that you can use a fake preview and will still work on most devices http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2386025/taking-picture-from-camera-without-preview/5384913#5384913)

Paul Hemans

Jul 29, 2015, 10:54:07 PM7/29/15
to phonegap, jcesar...@gmail.com
Excellent information thanks.