Converting app to 64-bit

Steve Husting

Aug 8, 2017, 6:45:55 PM8/8/17
to phonegap
I received a notice from Apple about mandatory conversion of apps to 64-bit. First step is to download the latest Xcode. When "modernizing," Xcode will tell you what needs to be changed by warnings and error messages.

Does anyone know if Cordova is ready for the new Xcode yet? I hate to download Xcode only to find that it can't read a Cordova app.

Conversion steps: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Conceptual/CocoaTouch64BitGuide/ConvertingYourAppto64-Bit/ConvertingYourAppto64-Bit.html

Thanks,
Steve

Kerri Shotts

Aug 9, 2017, 12:06:40 PM8/9/17
to phonegap
What version of cordova-ios are you using? 64-bit has been supported since 3.4.1 (https://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/11/25/ios-64bit.html).

Rob Willett

Aug 9, 2017, 12:29:13 PM8/9/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
We use Xcode 8.x (whatever is current)  and never have noticed the 64bit issue. To be honest, not even aware of if we are using 32 bit or 64bit :)

Rob

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.