Android background fetch / alarm / services plugin

James Henderson

Jan 9, 2017, 6:58:13 AM1/9/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
It seems all the Android (cordova/phonegap) plugins for any kind of background process are all really out of date or not well documented.

Has anyone got a recent working example I could look at please?

I am hoping to update the content of an App whilst it is running as a background process, preferably using Javascript.

There is a good plugin for iOS that wakes up the App occasionally for 30 seconds here, which we are very happy with.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon MacDonald

Jan 9, 2017, 9:45:45 AM1/9/17
to phonegap
Whelp, the content sync plugin can help with the fetching and updating of your app:

As for background, you can probably trigger that with a push notification when there is new app content.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

James Henderson

Jan 9, 2017, 10:33:44 AM1/9/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon

Thank you so much! As always you have been an amazing help!

Do you know if there has been any success or failure with the Apple App Store issues using this plugin?

Best regards, James

Simon MacDonald

Jan 9, 2017, 11:19:46 AM1/9/17
to phonegap
There is no issue with using this plugin with the App Store. Apple specifically says it okay to do what we are doing in their guidelines.

However, I'm currently fixing issue https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugin-contentsync/issues/157 for both iOS and Android which will be resolved in a day or two.