Re: Any way to stream shoutcast url aac+ stream using phonegap

Devgeeks

Oct 4, 2012, 1:59:55 AM10/4/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I just tried your URL above () with my ExampleHTML5Streaming player and it works fine.

Note: you have http://streaming507.com:9996 in the paste bin, not http://streaming507.com:8026/

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:34:55 AM UTC+10, Alexis Gaitan wrote:

Hi im trying to reproduce an stream shoutcast url this is my code in phonegap:

http://pastebin.ca/2228987

i get just terrible noises no music my url is http://streaming507.com:8026/

thanks very much.

Devgeeks

Oct 4, 2012, 4:43:23 PM10/4/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I just did some updates to my example html5 audio streaming app.

It's updated for 2.1.0 and has info on background audio in the README.

Hope it helps.

Alexis Gaitan

Oct 6, 2012, 10:01:11 PM10/6/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
works for android or just ios?

thanks.

Devgeeks

Oct 6, 2012, 10:08:46 PM10/6/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I actually ended up using the PhoneGap Media API for Android and HTML5 Audio for iOS.

There is an issue with iOS's Media API where it can't do streaming.

I had no problems with the Media API on Android... HOWEVER... if your stream is encoded with AAC+, maybe Android can't handle that? Not sure...

Alexis Gaitan

Oct 6, 2012, 10:14:58 PM10/6/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
i ended up using this http://code.google.com/p/aacplayer-android/ native code and works :) for now
what u think

John Saya

Nov 15, 2012, 12:42:39 PM11/15/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I just started experimenting with Shoutcast steaming audio, and got it to work right off the bat on Android.  But when I try it on an iPad running iOS 6, it freezes the app completely.  Is there a workaround for this?

Shali Otoo

Feb 24, 2014, 10:57:30 AM2/24/14
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
         Have you been able to succeed with this application? Im trying to achieve the same with phonegap but not sure how if it will work yet!
Wanna know if its feasible before I start it.
Thanks

On Friday, 16 November 2012 22:48:38 UTC, Markess A. Wilder wrote:
Do me a favor if you would please. Brake this down a little more so I can know what to do to get this working for my app. I have a shoutcast radio station (MP3 Stream) and I've been looking for a way to stream it with Dreamweaver (Using CS6 now) is that possible and can it also work with app websites?

Right now if you go to me webpage with your phone most phones can not hear the stream that way or the player does not even show up.

I just want to do the design of the app and add the script for a button to listen and it pulls the stream up and you can still move through the app or if it's a web page still surf and hear the stream.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Markess W.

The Duke Of Marshall

Apr 17, 2014, 10:17:31 AM4/17/14
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to develop an Android app with PhoneGap to play an AAC stream and I'm having the hardest time trying to get this to work

Marcos Ronaldo

Sep 15, 2015, 2:44:36 PM9/15/15
to phonegap
The Duck of Marshall, you could solve the problem with aac codec + stream?
I'm also trying an Android app with PhoneGap to play an AAC + stream.
So far without success .

If you could , please teach me .
Thank you!

Steve Husting

Sep 16, 2015, 10:38:45 AM9/16/15
to phonegap
(Marcos, I don't think a Duke would like to be called a Duck.)