Intel CS WebRTC in cordova android app

eliseg...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2017, 3:56:01 PM4/25/17
to phonegap

I am new to cordova and android. The application that I am working is a hybrid one. Our application uses Angular JSv1.5 and Bootstrap CSSv3.3.7 Now that we are almost done with our web part we were moving on to working on cordova android and iOS part.Our first priority was to convert it to an app with minimal effort. So we tried using the cordova hosted app method. Here we created a sample cordova app and gave our hosted url address, and its all working fine. The important point is that our application supports video/audio calling.This part is implemented using the Intel CS WebRTC v3.3 for Javascript. So while using our application as hosted app this section seems to be not working. Since I am not much of an expert in cordova and android, after some research I found that you have to give user permission and all that stuff in android, even then it was no luck.

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="false"/>

Later we tried adding crosswalk plugin with this cordova application, that also didn't work out as well.

Does this section needs a whole rework? Can anyone suggest how we can continue from this point on to cordova android if possible iOS apps aswell.