Phonegap app rejected by Google Play store

Kushan Delapalage

Jun 27, 2016, 4:10:10 PM6/27/16
to phonegap

Dear All,

I'm new to the phonegap development. I have developed a html app and built it will phonegap and added submitted it to the play store. I have a feature to play youtube video which are embedded in to the page with <iframe>. The app has been rejected by the play store team saying

<quote>

I reviewed <appname>, com.veritas.app.xxxxxx, and had to reject it because it violates our device and network abuse policy and section 4.4 of the Developer Distribution Agreement. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still live on Google Play.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

  1. Modify your app to make sure it doesn’t access or use a service or API in a manner that violates its terms of service; for example, by enabling background play of YouTube videos.
  2. Read through the Device and Network Abuse policy for more details and examples.
  3. Make sure your app is compliant with all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
  4. Sign in to your Developer Console and submit your app.

</quote>

I have understood the issue is with the media played when the app is in the background. (even when the power button is pressed media is audible). Appreciate if you'll can suggest a resolution for this.

Regards,

Kushan D.

Kerri Shotts

Jun 28, 2016, 3:11:52 PM6/28/16
to phonegap
XP & Responded on Phonegap app rejected by Google Play store