Does the camera plugin persist permission?

hleung0325

Mar 6, 2015, 3:20:10 PM3/6/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I'm running into this weird problem where I've taken a photo, stored the imageURI into SQLite (eg: content://com.android.providers.media.documents/document/image%3A23678), exit the application, then open it again and reinsert the uri from SQLite into the image source. It doesn't work as it will give me a permission denied, need MANAGE_DOCUMENTS error.

MANAGE_DOCUMENTS is already there, but I've read that in Android 4.4, it will grant you a temporary permission when you open and read the file via intent, and if you want to have the permission for future uses, you need to persist the permission.

I'm guessing the camera plugin doesn't persist permissions to the files. Anyone else solved this problem before?

Marko Skugor

Apr 6, 2015, 7:55:28 PM4/6/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently running into the same problem (only difference is I'm storing the uri in a JSONStore). Were you ever able to find a solution?

Jesse Monroy

Apr 7, 2015, 11:26:38 PM4/7/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I assume you've already used the SQLite plugin before.
Are you storing the string or the object? Can you post your code on both transactions?

Jesse