problem with scroll in android 5.0.2

RE

Jul 24, 2015, 10:34:11 AM7/24/15
to phonegap
my application has problems with with scroll in android 5.0.2 (samsung),
while in android 4, there is any problem

in fact, when we try tu scroll : when we raise up finger, the page slide back to his initial position; so the application is unusable...

I use cordova and sencha, is there special parameters to set ?

Jesse Monroy

Jul 24, 2015, 6:48:04 PM7/24/15
to phonegap, fondati...@gmail.com
@RE,
We need more information.
* Which version of Cordova are you using?
* Which Sencha tools/plugins are you using?
* How long is the page you are trying to scroll?

Your description sound like you have a short page that does not have too much content.

If this making sense to you?
Can you give us more information?
Jesse

RE

Jul 27, 2015, 4:20:59 AM7/27/15
to phonegap, fondati...@gmail.com
- i use cordova 5.1.1 (node v0.10.35), CLI tools 5.1.1, and cordova android platform 4.0.2
- i use sencha touch without special plugins, but these cordova plugins : cordova-plugin-device, cordova-plugin-media, cordova-plugin-file, cordova-plugin-splashscreen, cordova-plugin-inappbrowser, cordova-plugin-dialogs
- i have thi scroll probleme on several page, and certain are long (several times the height of screen)

Jesse Monroy

Jul 27, 2015, 6:41:40 PM7/27/15
to phonegap, fondati...@gmail.com
Okay. Thank you for adding the details. I helps a lot.

#1 The part that displays the view in your App is now a plugin. Before it was a component - meaning it was included by default. This goes for the main view your App runs in. (you can exchange for another view, like crosswalk, or jsview - each has issues)
#2 The part that displays InAppBrowser is a plugin (as you know). It is a different, but similar view

Sencha Touch uses wrapper for the view.

This means we need to identify which is most responsible for your issue.
First, which is not scrolling properly - the main view or the InAppBrowser? You did not say.
Second, this appears to be a touch sencha issue, but I cannot say. I still do not have enough information.

What are you test devices? Please list them.

Jesse

RE

Jul 28, 2015, 8:52:24 AM7/28/15
to phonegap, fondati...@gmail.com
- the scrolling problem is in the main view, and all the views (in android 5.xx scrolling never runs, while in 4.xx there's nos problem with scroll..)
- i test with :
smartphone samsung android 5.0.2 => scrolling KO

tablet android 4.3 => scrolling ok

samsung galaxy pocket android 4.0.4 => scrolling ok

emulator "GenyMotion" with Google Nexus 9 (androïd 5.1.0) et Google Nexus 10 (androïd 5.0.0) => scrolling ok

Jesse Monroy

Jul 28, 2015, 6:08:04 PM7/28/15
to phonegap, fondati...@gmail.com
Okay. Unless someone else has an opinion, I would say this is a Sencha Touch or Jquery problem.

My wild and random guess is you are writing a SPA (Single Page Application). That seemes to be very popular. As such, you can verify this to yourself by checking to see if you wrote a "routing table". If so, you very likely have a SPA.

If you are using building SPA, the JQuery or Sencha Touch control the scrolling. Another random guess is they don't have the proper screen size, so they aren't getting it right.

In any case, putting aside my wild guesses, this appears to be a sencha touch issue. It would best if you followed up on that forum.

Make sure you give them the information below and also give them the model # of you problem phone. Samsung makes dozens of phones. They will need the model number to track down the issue.

https://www.sencha.com/forum/

Best of Luck,
Jesse

Kerri Shotts

Aug 2, 2015, 5:15:45 PM8/2/15
to phonegap, fondati...@gmail.com
OK,

Like @Jesse, I suspect something related to Sencha here, but some additional thoughts:

 * Make sure that the system webview you're testing with on 5.x is the same version. On 5.x, this automatically updates, so it's possible you're encountering differences solely because your emulator has a different system webview than your Samsung device (or vice versa).
 * Samsung isn't above making some funny tweaks to their distribution. Nor is any other manufacturer. Try and get another physical Android device with 5.x and see if it has the same problem.

Tom P

Apr 14, 2017, 9:07:36 AM4/14/17
to phonegap
   LG L90 D415 everything was fine until i updated to Android 5.0.2 now the browser application automatically refreshes when I try to scroll. only way to stop is to add a second finger and always have 1 finger touching screen. the phone is already limited with only 8gb(5gb avail) of memory. Installing chrome or another browser is not an option as I have to have my work alarm app and uber app on my phone and there is room for nothing else. This is an issue with the android update. Any way to uninstall that update? i waited 2 months to do the update and now i am angry with myself for giving in to the annoying update banner. Any solutions that do not involve adding any apps would be appreciated or a way to uninstall android 5.0.2 and roll back to previous android that worked just fine