Image processing detecting and fixing skew

Ali Raza

Jan 8, 2014, 8:44:48 AM1/8/14
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

A newbie to phonegap/cordova here. I have to develop an app for iOS and Android that needs to detect and correct skew on a captured image of a test sheet(OMR). I know I can go native and use something like OpenCV(a seasoned iOS & Web developer I am) to solve this problem but I do not wish to spend time on learning android app development and will pretty much like the write once, deploy to iOS/Android  approach of Phonegap. I have seen multiple image processing/manipulation examples via CSS3 and JS but i cannot yet find something like performing a linear probabilistic hough transform(same kind of thing happening in this tutorial using openCV) on a image and detect/fix skew.

Any help will be appreciated..I really want to work with Cordova/Phonegap and this is an exciting oppurtunity for me to learn while developing this app.

Best Regards

Bruno Oliveira

Jul 3, 2015, 3:00:03 PM7/3/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ali Raza,

How did you go with this!? Did you find a library to process the images!? I'm in the same situation here.. ;-)

Regards,
Bruno