Blackberry Phonegap - Unable to open port error

dan

Nov 22, 2011, 4:02:19 PM11/22/11
to phonegap
Hi All,

I have been working on a Blackberry Phonegap app. I have registered
the devices to RIM (Research in Motion) and have acquired all the
pertaining keys to allow my application to be shipped over. When I
test this on a Simulator and on the Blackberry Curve, everything works
correctly. However when I test it on the Playbook, I receive the
following error.

[exec] Connecting to device...debug:Com error during open:
(0x800400001)
[exec] Error: unable to open port

I have the Blackberry Desktop Software running in the background
during all attempts to push the app. I have also turned the device to
Development Mode and imported a debug token as well. I have also made
sure that the USB connection is 'connecting to windows' and file
sharing is also on. Because it ships the app to the phone and not
thing device, I am a little lost. Am I missing something during this
process?

The only other strange instance that this application does is when I
"ant load-device", it immediately contacts starts the Signature tool,
contacts RIM and issues numerous (120) emails saying "Successful Code
Signing Request". Is this normal as well?

Drew Walters

Nov 28, 2011, 11:09:17 AM11/28/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I'm confused.  Are you trying to load an application built for a BlackBerry phone OS onto the Playbook?  If so, this won't work.  The Playbook and phone OS are completely different.  You can't run a binary built for the phone OS on the Playbook.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com