Cordova App Hangs

Jeff Berwick

Apr 9, 2017, 10:31:04 AM4/9/17
to 'Rob Willett' via phonegap
Hi all,

I am using Cordova 6.1.1 and have an interesting issue with my app that I am unable to recreate when connected to my Mac and using the Safari developer tools.

When the app is on my iPad it works fine, but if I lock the iPad, wait a few minutes and then try to use my app again, some of the event listeners seem not to work.

If I close the app in the App Switcher and open it again, all works fine.

As I say, I can’t recreate this issue when I have the iPad connected to a computer for debugging purposes.

Anybody had anything similar to this happen and, if so, how did you solve it?

Tia,
Jeff

Kerri Shotts

Apr 9, 2017, 11:39:38 AM4/9/17
to phonegap
What version of iOS do you have running on the iPad?

Jeff Berwick

Apr 9, 2017, 12:24:24 PM4/9/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I just upgraded to 10.3.1, but it was happening on the previous version as well.
Jeff

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Jeff Berwick

Apr 9, 2017, 2:45:31 PM4/9/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Okay, after weeks of trying to figure this out, I think I finally did.

I found a Cordova event called ‘resume’ and I have directed it to the deviceReady event.  The app seems to be working as expected now.

Thx,
Jeff