using shared library in a plugin

Mika S

Oct 6, 2016, 6:08:11 PM10/6/16
to phonegap
I am writing a plugin for ios. The objective c code uses a shared library. How do I specify in plugin.xml that the shared library is needed ?

jcesarmobile

Oct 7, 2016, 7:11:49 AM10/7/16
to phonegap
You can check the plugin.xml spec here https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/plugin_ref/spec.html

For .a libraries
<source-file src="src/ios/someLib.a"/>

If you talk about a system framework, then you can use
<framework src="social.framework"/>

If it's your own framework

<framework src="relative/path/to/my.framework" custom="true" />

Mika S

Oct 7, 2016, 12:17:05 PM10/7/16
to phonegap
Thanks.

On the internet I've read how ios disallows shared libraries on apps in the app store. Does this affect publishing cordova apps on app store too? That is can i build cordova apps that use a library and then publish on app store

jcesarmobile

Oct 7, 2016, 5:39:49 PM10/7/16
to phonegap
I'm not really sure what do you call shared libraries, but if it's forbidden for iOS apps it's forbidden for cordova apps too