Opening photolibrary from app on iPad slow

nije...@grip.nl

Jul 27, 2015, 2:09:59 PM7/27/15
to phonegap
When I try to open the photolibrary on iPad, it takes a long time before it shows the photolibrary. iPhone reacts immediately and also on Android everything works the way it should.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone have an idea what causes this? It can be even reproduced by using the sample-code provided on the PhoneGap-website: http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.3.0/cordova_camera_camera.md.html.

Kind regards,

Bernard

Kerri Shotts

Jul 27, 2015, 2:29:23 PM7/27/15
to phonegap, nije...@grip.nl, nije...@grip.nl
What iPad? iOS version? PhoneGap/Cordova Version?

Do your devices have the same library? I would imagine that if there were a lot of images or large images / videos or perhaps even corrupt metadata that that could slow things down.
Message has been deleted

nije...@grip.nl

Aug 12, 2015, 4:37:08 AM8/12/15
to phonegap
Sorry for the late response. Here are the details:

Phonegap version 4.2.0-0.24.2

Emulators (empty library):
iPhone Retina (4-inch), iOS 6.1: immediate response
iPhone Retina (4-inch), iOS 7.1: immediate response
iPhone Retina (4-inch 64-bit), iOS 7.1: immediate response
iPad, iOS 7.1: approx. 6s before response
iPad Retina, iOS 6.1: approx. 6s before response
iPad Retina, iOS 7.1: approx. 6s before response
iPad Retina (64bit), iOS 7.1: approx. 6s before response

Devices (filled library):
iPhone 6, iOS 8.4: immediate response
iPad Air, iOS 8.4: approx. 25s before response

So it seems to occur on iPad only. Android devices are working as expected. I'm working with Xcode 5.1.1 on Mountain Lion, I don't know if that's of any influence.

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Kind regards,

Bernard

nije...@grip.nl

Aug 27, 2015, 5:12:02 AM8/27/15
to phonegap
Does anyone know of any issues maybe depending on the phonegap version, or the XCode version? Are there any known issues about this?

Even when I create a new app with the Phonegap example code being the only change, the delay remains.

Kind regards,

Bernard

hansp...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2015, 9:33:01 PM10/2/15
to phonegap
Hello.
did you solve problem? if i have many many pics and I see albom load slow. If i have not many pics i see albom load fast.

best regards,

hans