How to show animated splashscreen cordova

Lalu Prasad Tyagi

Sep 15, 2016, 4:07:20 PM9/15/16
to phon...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
Any one can help me, i want to know  how to show animated or moving splascreen in cordova project with ionic or javascript

family...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2016, 4:51:41 PM9/18/16
to phonegap
PS - I fear everytime I have to submit even an update to my app, that apple will reject it.

family...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2016, 4:52:13 PM9/18/16
to phonegap
After much experience submitting apps to the apple store.  It would be highly recommended, Believe it or not, to NOT have an animated splash screen, I would guess that apple would reject the app, when submitted for review.

Kerri Shotts

Sep 18, 2016, 5:10:17 PM9/18/16
to phonegap
Don't think of your animations as splash screens. Think of them as initial views in your app -- which is to say, you'd build them the same way you'd build an animated view in a regular HTML5 app.

That said, I suggest following @familystavert's advice, and not animating at all. Splash screens aren't intended to be art. They are intended to hide the loading process. They should be short and sweet. To that end, I tend to go fairly utilitarian, like so:

1. Background color that matches the initial view's background color. Occasionally I'll throw in a two-color background color or gradient.

2. Maybe a logo in the center, but not always.

And that's it. The goal is to get it off the screen as fast as possible, not to force the user to stare at it for a long period of time.