Cordova sms plugin send free sms

coolbeatz Mutombo

Nov 2, 2017, 10:42:13 PM11/2/17
to phonegap
Hello, i am developping a mobile app in which, after, the system must send a sms to the new user containing the activation token for the account confirmation. I am using cordova sms plugin to do this, and its working fine. But I remarked that its consumming airtime of the user in order to send sms. So my problem is to know if there is a free way of sending sms in javascript in cordova or even in backend. Thank you

Rob Willett

Nov 3, 2017, 5:26:50 AM11/3/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Unlikely to be any way to send free SMS from phone. Just think about why that's not going to happen. Perhaps if you have a generous data plan.

Once you go to backend servers, other options are available but I can't recall seeing any free SMS systems but every country is different.
On Fri, 3 Nov 2017 at 02:42, coolbeatz Mutombo <sigm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, i am developping a mobile app in which, after, the system must send a sms to the new user containing the activation token for the account confirmation. I am using cordova sms plugin to do this, and its working fine. But I remarked that its consumming airtime of the user in order to send sms. So my problem is to know if there is a free way of sending sms in javascript in cordova or even in backend. Thank you

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

coolbeatz Mutombo

Nov 3, 2017, 12:16:16 PM11/3/17
to phonegap
Okay thank you @RobWillett for your idea, I think that i have to go backend only because some sms services that propose free trial

Pete

Nov 3, 2017, 1:35:35 PM11/3/17
to phonegap
A better way might be to send a push notification with the authentication code hidden in the push notification.

coolbeatz Mutombo

Nov 3, 2017, 2:56:25 PM11/3/17
to phonegap
Okay This is also the idea i have got. What are requirements for using push notification?

Phil Petree

Nov 3, 2017, 4:24:29 PM11/3/17
to phon...@googlegroups.com
There's a lot of info on the plugin-push git repository.

I use Google's firebase (fire cloud messaging) for both instead of android to google and iOS to APN but most people do both.

There are different types of push notifications, one includes a "silent" one which just has app data. (no sound, no icon, doesn't appear in the user panel / shade).

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "phonegap" group.