Re: What's the state of Bluetooth plugins for PhoneGap?

Arnar Ingason

Dec 28, 2012, 10:17:50 PM12/28/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:05:20 AM UTC, Arnar Ingason wrote:
> I want to create a simple app for myself to communicate with an Arduino project via Bluetooth. I'm not good enough at Java to do it that way so I was hoping to be able to do it with PhoneGap/Cordova. Is there some plugin that works well? I need to be able to both read and write, mostly write.
>

> Thanks.

As you may have guessed, I am using Android.

Pierre-Yves Orban

Jan 24, 2013, 12:44:17 PM1/24/13
to phon...@googlegroups.com, gra...@gmail.com
Hi Arnar,

I'm developping an app using Bluetooth. I used this plugin: https://github.com/huseyinkozan/phonegap-bluetooth
But the read & write operations are still a little bit buggy.

For my personal project, I fixed these methods to fit my needs (sending string commands to a bluetooth OBD adapter and start a receiving loop which analyze bluetooth responses). So I guess it's not good for your purpose...

brandon martin

Jul 17, 2016, 11:23:05 PM7/17/16
to phonegap, gra...@gmail.com
Pierre,

I am very interested in what you learned in doing this. I am attempting the same thing (Phonegap, bluetooth connection to OBD adapter). I've got a connection, but can't seem to read any response from the adapter. Only getting "OK" responses.

Kerri Shotts

Jul 20, 2016, 11:33:56 AM7/20/16
to phonegap, gra...@gmail.com
Don't resurrect ancient threads, please. Start a new thread if you need assistance.