IOS - Your app provides a limited user experience ..!!!

HuMaN-BiEnG

Oct 7, 2017, 2:10:40 PM10/7/17
to phonegap
Hello there,
We have just developed a mobile app dedicated for classifieds to work within both Android & IOS,
The application developed within Phone Gab,
The android app have been successfuly accepted by google play store,
But the IOS app have been rejected by Apple App store with the following message :
## message start
 Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

Your app provides a limited user experience as it is not sufficiently different from a mobile browsing experience. As such, the experience it provides is similar to the general experience of using Safari. Including iOS features such as push notifications, Core Location, and sharing do not provide a robust enough experience to be appropriate for the App Store.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to provide a more robust user experience by including additional native iOS functionality.

If you cannot - or choose not to - revise your app to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines, you may wish to build an HTML5 web app instead. You can distribute web apps directly on your web site; the App Store does not accept or distribute web apps.

For more information about creating web apps, refer to the Configuring Web Applications section of the Safari Web Content Guide.

For a description of the HTML elements and attributes you can use in Safari on iPhone, check out Safari HTML Reference: Introduction.
## message end
Within rejection message there was an attached picture for IOS app which i attached here to this topic,
The IOS code have been tested & we confirmed that it have no errors,
But within attached picture we notice that the IOS app screen is padding to right side leaving thin white space in the left side,
How could we solve this issue within phone gab ?? in order to make the app approved & accepted by IOS ??
Any help will be appreciated & we are ready to prived any informations from our side including providing app source code,
Thanks all in advance & please accept our best regards,,,

ios_problem.png

Rob Willett

Oct 8, 2017, 3:10:16 AM10/8/17
to phonegap
This is not a coding issue. It appears that Apple think you are simply doing a wrapper to a website.

They are assuming that using a browser would offer more or less the same functionality so have rejected your app.

Your app must add 'value'. It must be more than just a connection to a web page with a little extra stuff.

Since I can't read the language on the screen this is just a guess in reading the apple rejection.

Rob

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.