How to get the barcode as a book or product?

Nathan Collinge

Aug 19, 2016, 11:40:30 AM8/19/16
to phonegap
I need a way to differentiate between books and products,

I have look through the code and cannot find anything apart from
<string name="result_product">Found product</string>
<string name="result_isbn">Found book</string>

But after i scan the item it just says the barcode is a EAN_13 format?

How can i get the application to tell me thats its a book or product instead of EAN_13?

Rob Willett

Aug 19, 2016, 2:02:40 PM8/19/16
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Not sure this is anything to really do with PhoneGap or Cordova.

It *may* be something to do with the plugin, so suggest you speak to the author(s) or I'd check the EAN_13 format and the codes they use.

Rob

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Kerri Shotts

Aug 19, 2016, 2:59:59 PM8/19/16
to phonegap
I'd expect that you'd have to look up the barcode somehow. There's plenty of services that do so. Here's one I found with a few seconds of Googling for UPC codes: http://upcdatabase.org/api

And for ISBN: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/EX_LookupbyISBN.html

I agree with Rob; I don't see how this is a PhoneGap question.