GapDebug is caught as virus in my computer by Symantec Antivirus software

Naynesh Shah

Mar 5, 2015, 5:30:07 PM3/5/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was trying to install GapDebug for debugging my PhoneGap application but Symantec antivirus has found risk as WS.Reputation.1. Hence I had to remove this as it lacks credentials by popular antivirus. Can GapDebug team take necessary actions around this and come clean to my AV software as I am planning evaluate and recommend this software to others for application debugging purpose.

Regards,
Naynesh

Shazron

Mar 5, 2015, 5:51:59 PM3/5/15
to phonegap
GapDebug is not affiliated with PhoneGap, nor Adobe and may not read
this forum. Please contact them directly with your concern:
https://www.genuitec.com/products/gapdebug/
> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
> ---
> "phonegap" group.
> email to phonegap+u...@googlegroups.com.

wayne.parrott

Mar 6, 2015, 10:42:33 AM3/6/15
to phon...@googlegroups.com
As one of the GapDebug developers I can speak to this issue. If you downloaded GapDebug from genuitec.com/gapdebug then I can assure you there's no security issue. All GapDebug software is signed by us. The WS.Reputation.1 notice is Norton saying it lacks "end-user" reputation points about the GapDebug download file (yet). See http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99&tabid=2   I'll have it whitelisted by Norton soon to avoid this false negative experience. Please ping me on our support forum here to discuss further: http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewforum.php?f=26

Wayne