cordova.InAppBrowser.open doesn't open YouTube in Safari

Emre Eromay

Jan 26, 2016, 12:19:55 PM1/26/16
to phonegap
Hi there,

I've some external Links in my Project which opens twitter, facebook and other social platforms when you tap the icon.

On 2 of 4 iPhones with the actual iOS youtube will not open via
cordova.InAppBrowser.open(encodeURI('https://www.youtube.com), '_system', 'location=yes');

When the YouTube icon is tapped, nothing happens. But Twitter, Facebook links works fine.

I've debugged the app on the iPhones who it not works, but I haven't see any errors.

Anybody knows what is the problem?

I think it is not a problem with the support of 9.2. because 2 iPhones can open the link and 2 not, all of them has iOS 9.2
All other links in the App works with the same function call.

-------------------
Informations:
First hybrid App

jQuery is also used

Target Android: 5.1
Target iOS: 9

Tested on:
3 iPhone 6s: 2 x 9.2.1, 1 x 9.2
1 iPhone 5s: 9.2.1

Developed on: Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015

Cordova CLI 5.3.1

Kerri Shotts

Jan 26, 2016, 2:58:38 PM1/26/16
to phonegap
What plugins are you using (and versions)? What does your config.xml look like?

Rapha Guasta

Jun 27, 2016, 4:10:09 PM6/27/16
to phonegap
Hello!

Same problem here! =(

Do you solve the problem?

Kerri Shotts

Jun 28, 2016, 3:13:11 PM6/28/16
to phonegap
If you have the same problem, answer the same questions I posed to the OP.