CDVViewController.h not found Cordova3.3 Xcode5.0.2

Daniel Freeman

Jan 17, 2014, 9:19:19 AM1/17/14
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I've just upgraded to the latest available software.  Upgraded to Mavericks OS X.  So I could upgrade to Xcode 5.0.2.  So I could run PhoneGap/Cordova 3.3.0 for iOS.

After this- I've created a NEW blank project (cordova create... and cordova platform add ios -d).

However - I'm stuck on Xcode build errors for MainViewController.h and AppDelegate.h - both 'Cordova/CDVViewController.h' file not found.

I see that this error has plagued PhoneGap/Cordova for a long time.  I'm not trying to update an old project, so it's nothing to do with not running update_cordova_subproject.  Also, my Header Search Paths seem correct.

While searching for a solution - I noticed that someone once build a script to diagnose the missing CDVViewController.h - problem - but I couldn't locate that script.  There's a lot of OLD information on this error - so it's difficult to find a solution that specifically applies to the latest versions of everything.

Help?  Anyone?

Shazron

Jan 17, 2014, 6:34:46 PM1/17/14
to phonegap
I wrote that script. It's in the bin folder of the source. However, try this first:
2. Search for "Missing Headers"

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Elwood

Aug 31, 2015, 2:11:51 PM8/31/15
to phonegap
Have you found a solution for this? I am stuck with the same problem and questions right now.

Kerri Shotts

Aug 31, 2015, 6:16:21 PM8/31/15
to phonegap
Can you upgrade Cordova / Xcode? Probably be easier that way.

Besides, old versions of Cordova have security issues.