Get date/time photo was taken with Cordova / Phonegap

Richard Nichols

Apr 17, 2014, 8:23:36 AM4/17/14
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Unless I'm missing something I can't find any way to return the date/time that a photo was taken when selected from the gallery with the Camera plugin?

I tried using the file API's meta information however this doesn't return any data, and looking at the source of the camera plugin it seems like it wouldn't work anyhow, as Cordova will write the selected image to another location before returning it to the Javascript API.

Is there anyway around this with the vanilla platform (i.e. I don't really want to have to write my own plugins)?

any help would be appreciated!