Caching Problem since Phonegap 1.5

Christoph

Mar 16, 2012, 12:34:18 PM3/16/12
to phonegap
Hi all,

I'm using phongap 1.4 resp. 1.5 with jquerymobile.
Since i have upgraded to 1.5 I had a problem with ajax request.

I'm using the $.ajax function from jquery with setted cache = false.

After 4 to 5 request all further request not reaching the server at
all.
The error handler from the $.ajax function will also not be triggert.

If i switch back to phonegap 1.4 everything works fine!

Any suggestions?
Christoph

Michael

Mar 18, 2012, 6:58:14 AM3/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I confirm the same issue with my app.
I migrated from phonegap 1.4.1 (where everything had worked fine) to cordova 1.5.0 and after several requests to server the app stopped showing data.
Web server log showed no requests at that time. I've tried everything assuming the issue is in my code. Then I've rolled back to phonegap 1.4.1 and the app works fine now.

= Michael =

Shazron

Mar 18, 2012, 1:04:42 PM3/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Platforms? iOS / Android?

> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Robert Kern

Mar 18, 2012, 10:37:17 PM3/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
I have had the same problem since upgrading to Cordova 1.5 from PhoneGap 1.4.1

The iOS version works fine, but the Android version does as Michael and Christoph describe - after a few ajax requests, it stops doing any requests.

If you'd like me to try anything, or would like any extra info please let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Kern

Mar 18, 2012, 10:47:50 PM3/18/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Quick update: Bryce posted a fix to a Back Button issue i was having with Cordova 1.5 here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/phonegap/UbrRwq2Q2W8/discussion

That fix also seems to fix this ajax issue.

Below is the fix that Bryce suggested.  If Shazron (or somebody) could confirm that this should fix this issue it would be much appreciated.

In cordova-1.5.0.js, change

    channel.onNativeReady.subscribe(_self.boot);

    channel.onNativeReady.subscribeOnce(_self.boot);

Diego Guidi

Mar 19, 2012, 5:57:55 AM3/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
The iOS version works fine, but the Android version does as Michael and Christoph describe - after a few ajax requests, it stops doing any requests.

Exactly same issues for me

Diego Guidi

Mar 19, 2012, 6:24:13 AM3/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Exactly same issues for me

Fixed using suggested patch, thanks :)
Still searchbutton and menubutton events not triggered

Diego Guidi

Mar 19, 2012, 6:45:17 AM3/19/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Fixed using suggested patch, thanks :)
Still searchbutton and menubutton events not triggered

Nope, they works, simply with cordova1.5 they  must be subscribed AFTER deviceready event

Christoph

Mar 20, 2012, 6:09:26 AM3/20/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
We are using Android 2.3.3
On iOS 5.1 we have no trouble with caching