Can anyone suggest a good approach to running a background service/worker for iOS and Android please?

James Henderson

Nov 21, 2016, 12:20:02 PM11/21/16
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am hoping to background service that will be approved by Apple and not rejected later by Google. There are a few older examples out there but I know that both platforms have had a lot of work done recently to improve the battery life etc with background services such as geo-location.

I have read the official Apple/Google docs of course, but so far I cannot find a Cordova Phonegap plugin that addresses these.

For example, an alarm clock that will work even if the phone gets switched off and on again and the app has not been loaded since restarting.

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Rob Willett

Nov 21, 2016, 12:24:29 PM11/21/16
to phon...@googlegroups.com
There is a reason why you can't find a plugin. Apple won't allow background running except for a very few select types of application, e.g. background fetch, audio playback and geolocation.

There have been some plugins that have attempted to get around this by 'pretending' to play audio, but Apple is wise to this now.

Unless your app fits into the categories allowed by Apple, forget it.

Rob

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.